Two-step verification (2FA) now required on all accounts (5 Viewers)

I think 2FA authentication is just becoming a way of life for a lot things. I was first introduced to it with my work email and then crypto accounts. Now it seems like it is everywhere. Luckily, apps like Authy make it super easy. Authy is my favorite and I have had the least issues with it. I have tried the others, but Authy is my preferred.

Just a reminder to save your one-time use back up codes in case you get locked out of your account. Many people get new phones and don't remember to transfer their accounts to the 2FA app on their new phone before wiping the old phone.

If you didn't save your one-time use codes or want to generate a new set of them, go here:

View attachment 1090977

You should copy and paste them into a text document and save it somewhere. (Preferably not locally on your phone) One Drive or Google Drive is an option. Personally, I print them out and keep it in a secure place.

Once you get back into your account using a one-time use back code, you should reset the Verification code via app using the Manage button. Once you set it up again, you will get a new set of one time-use backup codes and the old ones will no longer work.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...w-required-on-all-accounts.83833/post-2115301

Bumping this post as a reminder. Also, you can setup more than one 2FA method. Because of overzealous spam filters, 2FA codes via email is not as reliable as using a 2FA app on your phone but can be useful if you get locked out of your account and didn't save the one-time use back-up codes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom