Tourney Triple Crown Points competition, need advice (1 Viewer)

DeeVee8

Straight
Reaction score
No, not "Royal" Crown competition, sorry.

Brainstorming a "Triple Crown" points series for my players. I'm not a fan of keeping points every damn time we play, so I don't do a "league". I would like to have a competition of some sorts. I have solid games for the first two "legs" and I need to find a third. Something out of the ordinary.

I thought about PLO, but by players will dabble in other games, but only on small stakes, so NLHE tourneys only.

Here's the stuff...

Point System
1 point for each person you outlast in the tournament. (1st place in a 10 person tournament gets 9 points)
1 point for each person you knock out
Cash earned / 100 (rounded to the hundredth)

"Legs"

#1) Voodoo Threauxdown. $100 Buy-In, 75k chips. Grand poo-bah, be-all, end-all, main event. With bounties. Takes about 6-7 hours, we have a cookout, whole she-bang.

#2) Voodoo Island: Survivor. $80 Buy-in, 30k chips. 50-50 payout like Pokerstars. Once half the players are eliminated, the tourney is over. Everyone left gets their buy-in back (50%). The other 50% of the prize pool is paid out by % of chips in play. I wanted to do this to give more people the chance to cash and tighten the points race before the final leg of the triple crown.

#3) Need the PCF infinite pool of wisdom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom