The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (5 Viewers)

Updated look of my leaded mixed THC set. Outpost error fracs have been replaced with Outpost Pacheco fracs. King's 1s have been *substituted* with Aztar 1's. This is strictly just to switch things up. King's 1s will always have a place in this set ;).

Updated Mix THC Leaded Set  (1).JPG
Updated Mix THC Leaded Set  (2).JPG
Updated Mix THC Leaded Set  (3).JPG
Updated Mix THC Leaded Set  (5).JPG
Updated Mix THC Leaded Set  (4).JPG

I love everything about this, other than the fact it's not in my chip case lol.
This is a special one for sure lol. It is probably my longest tenured set of all my Paulson chips. I'd probably sell my custom chips before this set. I love the Aztar's, but God I hate white $1 chips. So much guilt as they get dirty lol

This is a special one for sure lol. It is probably my longest tenured set of all my Paulson chips. I'd probably sell my custom chips before this set. I love the Aztar's, but God I hate white $1 chips. So much guilt as they get dirty lol
I wanted those Aztar's for a long time. Kind of still do. Why only one rack? Is that enough for your game? The quarters are fire. I have two racks of the San Ramon's but I like yours more.

I wanted those Aztar's for a long time. Kind of still do. Why only one rack? Is that enough for your game? The quarters are fire. I have two racks of the San Ramon's but I like yours more.
Yeah, my very first iteration of this set had 2 racks of Kings 1s. I trimmed it to one because none of my games ever require two racks of $1s. I run a 25c/50c game that runs a little bigger and it ends up being the $5 chip that is the real work horse hence the four racks. All 4 racks are always in play midway through. People annoyingly try to get rid of their $1s and then end up needing change lol. More ones would only create a mess on the table and people probably dropping chips. If that ever changed I would happily grab a second rack of those beautiful Aztars.

The Pacheco fracs are absolutely gorgeous. The base color/edge to me is pretty much perfect and really pairs well with all the various chips in this set.

Wonderful! Love the RVCL. Full rack or just the 80?
I had a full rack and split off a barrel to round the set off with a barrel of hundos. I wish kept that barrel in hindsight, just to have a rack of the chips in reserve. One of the many chipping rAgrets.....

I had a full rack and split off a barrel to round the set off with a barrel of hundos. I wish kept that barrel in hindsight, just to have a rack of the chips in reserve. One of the many chipping rAgrets.....
Ugh :( I'll pour one out for the missing barrel.

Still work to be done, as the $1s are a stand-in and I need to clean up the $5s and $100s, but I was able to complete my first Paulson mixed sets right before the holidays. I know having more than one is silly to a lot of chippers, but I love them and am itching to get them in play. Thanks to all who helped make this happen! (First time trying Imgur embedding - sorry if I screw that up.)

9AiTqXg.jpg

Pd3WAB7.jpg

dpdl97N.jpg

6s5OXll.jpg

61R39d7.jpg

BnZDi63.jpg

C89KOZa.jpg

XBetVtT.jpg

s9vp1FY.jpg

Still work to be done, as the $1s are a stand-in and I need to clean up the $5s and $100s, but I was able to complete my first Paulson mixed sets right before the holidays. I know having more than one is silly to a lot of chippers, but I love them and am itching to get them in play. Thanks to all who helped make this happen! (First time trying Imgur embedding - sorry if I screw that up.)

9AiTqXg.jpg

Pd3WAB7.jpg

dpdl97N.jpg

6s5OXll.jpg

61R39d7.jpg

BnZDi63.jpg

C89KOZa.jpg

XBetVtT.jpg

s9vp1FY.jpg
One word... dope ;)

9AiTqXg.jpg

Pd3WAB7.jpg

dpdl97N.jpg

6s5OXll.jpg

61R39d7.jpg

BnZDi63.jpg

C89KOZa.jpg

XBetVtT.jpg

s9vp1FY.jpg
This is a really sweet set. I love the blue on the Strat $1’s. They look like the thc version of the MGM’s.

This is a really sweet set. I love the blue on the Strat $1’s. They look like the thc version of the MGM’s.

Thank you! I always laugh when people post in the mail pron thread saying, "these are so much nicer in person", because that is literally the case in every single THC chip I have come across and owned. However, I will be a hypocrite and say that is truly the case with the Strats/blue grain; I understand why @JeepologyOffroad called it the "best Paulson blue". It's making me reconsider swapping them out with leaded horizon blues (if I keep them in this set I will have to relabel them), but I feel the pull of wanting the whole set to be leaded.

Thank you! I always laugh when people post in the mail pron thread saying, "these are so much nicer in person", because that is literally the case in every single THC chip I have come across and owned. However, I will be a hypocrite and say that is truly the case with the Strats/blue grain; I understand why @JeepologyOffroad called it the "best Paulson blue". It's making me reconsider swapping them out with leaded horizon blues (if I keep them in this set I will have to relabel them), but I feel the pull of wanting the whole set to be leaded.
There's no question. Those lightweight Strats with their smooth shiny inlays stick out like a sore thumb, among those other chips. I'm not trying to be mean, but one of these things is not like the others . . .

There's no question. Those lightweight Strats with their smooth shiny inlays stick out like a sore thumb, among those other chips. I'm not trying to be mean, but one of these things is not like the others . . .

Not mean at all; I appreciate and welcome all feedback, always. If it were not for the opinions of veterans here, my sets would be hideous. Not to mention, as I am sure you can tell, I agree with your sentiment in this instance.

I don’t have a Strat chip to compare but the Paris aren’t as light as you would think compared to the other chips in my mixed set. I will say the newer chips just don’t feel and shuffle the same as older leaded chips.
2C4B35D1-EE1A-433D-823E-8B60F90CC2D1.jpeg
E0501107-7B21-4D90-8E51-7CF7FB285F62.jpeg
97EAE802-F840-4879-9D75-B6C60CAC2FCE.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom