The Capital Room Cash Set on CPC – Group Buy Interest Thread - CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman250

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got in on the second run of the BCC Capital Room chips several years back and regrettably sold my set. This is one of my all-time favorite sets, and as a UT grad I love the Austin connection. I've tried over the past year to find a playable set, with no luck. Recently, I was able to get the rights to the artwork and plan to remake a set through Classic Poker Chips (CPC). It will be a cash / micro-cash set, identical to the original with a few differences:

• The 5c chip will be labeled (vs. hotstamped) with 218 spots
• Since this is a cash set, there's no need for a $500 chip, so I'm using those colors (pink / red, gray, white) for a new 25c chip
• The original 25c chip will become a 50c chip to help with spot progression
• $1s, $5s and $25s are as close as I can get to the original BCC colors
• The $100 chip will be 44mm using a 4v12+ spot (assuming a 3v12+ spot isn't possible on 44mm)
• All fractionals and the $100 will be unweighted; $1s, $5s and $25s are weighted

I much prefer CPC quality to BCC. The BCC originals had issues – split spots, color issues, etc. This will be a better-quality set, IMO, and a better breakdown for fractional play.

If there's enough interest in a group buy, I will open this up. I'm not looking to make $, but I would look to offset my costs on the artwork so there will be a per-chip charge to cover that. Still TBD, but it should be somewhere in the $2.50 per chip range, depending on breakdown. I will be working directly with CPC, handling all $$ and shipping out all chips myself. I've done many deals here and can provide references. FYI, there's a 4-6 month wait for chips on the A-mold right now, per CPC, once payment is received.

If you're interested, please indicate (roughly) how many chips you'd want. I will plan to buy enough chips to sell sample sets, so feel free to post interest in samples so I get enough to cover.

I'll post an official group buy thread if there's sufficient demand. FYI the artwork here is rough; I'll post final hi-res images if this moves to an official group buy.

Thanks all.

CAP ROOMS V3 Option A.jpg

Not for me. I’ve actually been very pleased with the quality of my Capital Room set, and imo the feel of the MGK mold is a big part of the allure.

Agree – I would love an original set, but they're just not available.

Hi everyone. I got in on the second run of the BCC Capital Room chips several years back and regrettably sold my set. This is one of my all-time favorite sets, and as a UT grad I love the Austin connection. I've tried over the past year to find a playable set, with no luck. Recently, I was able to get the rights to the artwork and plan to remake a set through Classic Poker Chips (CPC). It will be a cash / micro-cash set, identical to the original with a few differences:

• The 5c chip will be labeled (vs. hotstamped) with 218 spots
• Since this is a cash set, there's no need for a $500 chip, so I'm using those colors (pink / red, gray, white) for a new 25c chip
• The original 25c chip will become a 50c chip to help with spot progression
• $1s, $5s and $25s are as close as I can get to the original BCC colors
• The $100 chip will be 44mm using a 4v12+ spot (assuming a 3v12+ spot isn't possible on 44mm)
• All fractionals and the $100 will be unweighted; $1s, $5s and $25s are weighted

I much prefer CPC quality to BCC. The BCC originals had issues – split spots, color issues, etc. This will be a better-quality set, IMO, and a better breakdown for fractional play.

If there's enough interest in a group buy, I will open this up. I'm not looking to make $, but I would look to offset my costs on the artwork so there will be a per-chip charge to cover that. Still TBD, but it should be somewhere in the $2.50 per chip range, depending on breakdown. I will be working directly with CPC, handling all $$ and shipping out all chips myself. I've done many deals here and can provide references. FYI, there's a 4-6 month wait for chips on the A-mold right now, per CPC, once payment is received.

If you're interested, please indicate (roughly) how many chips you'd want. I will plan to buy enough chips to sell sample sets, so feel free to post interest in samples so I get enough to cover.

I'll post an official group buy thread if there's sufficient demand. FYI the artwork here is rough; I'll post final hi-res images if this moves to an official group buy.

Thanks all.

View attachment 511896

the base of the $1 should be DG Peacock if you want it to be as close as possible. With either dark blue or retro blue for the spots.

the base of the $1 should be DG Peacock if you want it to be as close as possible. With either dark blue or retro blue for the spots.

Here's light blue+dark blue (OP), DG Peacock+dark blue, and a pic of the original. It's kinda in-between...but I see your point.

1.png
2.png
IMG_5294.JPG

Depending on cost- I’d be in for a smaller denomination that would be suited for a .25/.50 NL single table cash set

@bluesman250 have you found out who owns the original design and contacted that person? Your design looks like an almost exact copy. I would be pissed off if someone tried to copy my inlay design.

@bluesman250 have you found out who owns the original design and contacted that person? Your design looks like an almost exact copy. I would be pissed off if someone tried to copy my inlay design.
Yes, I have paid for permission to use the design from the original owner. And yes, it is an exact copy!

Yes, I have paid for permission to use the design from the original owner. And yes, it is an exact copy!

That is great! Since CPC doesn't offer volume discounts it may make more sense to offer the design as a usage fee to anyone that wants to use it. That way you don't have to receive and reship a bunch of sets for people.

Yes, split payment and direct ship from CPC is probably the easiest option.

Sorry everyone, I wasn't aware of past issues so I'm going to close this thread and the group buy discussion.
Mods, is it possible to close this thread? Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom