Texas Hold-Em Poker Timer Pro App--Kudos (1 Viewer)

Tonysquander

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Other than being an end-user, I am not affiliated with this product in any way whatsoever. I have been using it as the timer for my poker league for years and it is very good. Does it have all the bells and whistles of a Tournament Director, no, but it does have plenty of them, is easy to use, and has a lot of customizable features that work very well.

The impetus for giving this shout out is that I saw the developer, Ron Booth, had been making a few updates to the app recently. I reached out to him to see if he would add some additional seating functionality. He not only turned that request around in a matter of days, he went above and beyond my expectations and also asked if I had any other improvements he could implement.

I feel someone like that has earned and deserves some good publicity, so I gave his application another review in the apple store and wanted to post a review here for anyone who is looking for a very good tournament timer. In my opinion, his product is worth every bit and more of the extremely reasonable $5.99 it costs to buy the fully functional "pro" version.

I also wanted to let anyone who may already be using the app, and that may have wanted some tweak to some part of it, that they should consider reaching out to Ron about it because he is open to suggestions. Link to app is below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/texas-holdem-poker-timer-pro/id1047302196

There is also a free version without all functions unlocked for anyone who wants to check it out before buying

Last edited:
Looks great! Just purchased.
The only thing I see that I would love to be able to do…is upload my own picture of each chip, so that the tournament display shows the exact chips being used.
Cant wait to try this out!

I use the Poker Timer Pro app for my tournaments and it is great. I have not updated in a while and would like to see the new functionalities. My suggestion would be tracking of bounties.

The only thing I see that I would love to be able to do…is upload my own picture of each chip, so that the tournament display shows the exact chips being used.
You can use your own photos as a background so I bet he could probably figure out a way to allow a custom photo of a chip to be used, right now you can just customize colors and amounts. Probably his idea is that how he has it set up allows people using dice chips to set denominations and then have players quickly see value/denominations of the chip colors.

I use the Poker Timer Pro app for my tournaments and it is great. I have not updated in a while and would like to see the new functionalities. My suggestion would be tracking of bounties.
I will shoot you his email. I know that if you keep track of the knockouts as the tourney progresses, that information and more is all in the player summary log file you can email to yourself that looks like this simulation I did (names changed to protect the guilty):

Player Summaries
PlacePayoutNamePaidChipsPlayedEliminated By#EliminatedEliminated
1$140Player 1$20.0010000:043J----, J----, R--
2$60Player 2$20.0010000:04B-----3D----, B----, L----
3$20Player 3$20.0010000:04R---2T---, D----
4B$20.0010000:04R---0
5D$20.0010000:04R---0
6T$20.0010000:03L----1A----
7D$20.0010000:03L-----1T----
8T2$20.0010000:02D----0
9J$20.0010000:02B-----0
10A$20.0010000:01T-----0
11J2$20.0010000:01B-----0

I actually love this app, I’ve used it for almost two years now. Upgraded to the Pro version quickly, totally worth it!

Airplay to the big screen, adjust everything I need, etc.

It’s the best one I’ve found
Yep, I use my phone as the master and the remote function to control an old Ipad running the app that everyone can see.

I sent him an email with your suggestion. I’ll let you know what he says

29BB6CCF-3E1E-4199-82B8-B587454D3B11.png
54CB8DD0-4E70-47E2-9AFC-BFC73302C727.png

I realize it’s probably not something that most folks would care about…it may be just a chipper thing. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, that might be tough for him to implement as well. Custom backgrounds are probably fairly easy but doing individual chips and the cropping tools and incorporating all that may be too much. Hopefully he will at least do @k9dr bounty suggestion though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom