Sunfly Hybrid 39mm Tourney Set - Prototype Pron & Samples (1 Viewer)

PlaidDragon

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been toying around with ideas for a Sunfly hybrid (polyinno) set for some time now.

Weeks ago, when I saw the group buy open up from @Quicksilver-75 with his Imperial Plaza line I immediately knew that was the direction I wanted to go. I especially liked the inlay design for those chips. The denom fonts and Chinese lettering just give them a great and unique look.

I liked his tourney design a lot but lamented not being able to select my own colors. Plus, those who've seen my prior custom sets know I tend to avoid being purely conventional with colors and denoms. I wanted this set to follow that same paradigm; thus, I knew I couldn't partake in the group buy and be 100% happy.

Ultimately, I reached out to Quicksilver who was kind and flexible enough to help with this project: the goal being to utilize his inlay design but with an array of 39mm chips using colors/spots of my own choosing. Just to be clear: this is not part of the Imperial Plaza group buy.

I'm no graphic artist but had worked up spots and color combos for this set long ago, and provided it to Quicksilver:

pcf_1.png

He soon turned my crude workups into gold:

Sunfly1.png

And, through Susie at Sunfly, prototypes came into being:

20200907150445.jpg
20200907150425.jpg
20200907150238.jpg

Though I don't have an ETA for completion, the order is in production now.

<EDIT> No samples available.

Last edited:
Have you used the standard SunFly colors ?
They are very nice, congrats !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom