Sun-Fly Prestige (1 Viewer)

Tars

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all! Been researching for weeks now, looking to upgrade from cheap blanks to a nice cash and tournament sets and happened upon Sun-Fly’s Prestige set after looking into BRPro Tikis. Looking for one very nice set of each that my guys will enjoy for years to come and these look like they could be the ones. Best of all the go as low as 5c which I’ve wanted for micro-stakes cash games. Thoughts on Sun-Fly Prestige for the price? Looks like I’d be looking at $1600 for about 1400 chips between the two sub-sets. Want to make sure there isn’t something better for the money before I go for this.

Thanks for the help!

Tars

They are ok but for that budget. I will go for clay and buy something like this from the recent TCR sales

Using the 5 as 5 cent, 25 as 25 cents, 1 or 100 as $1

1681423285395.png

1681423310154.png

Or sometime like these if you prefer non solid hotstamped chips

1681423396481.png

I would recommend getting samples. I have a custom set from BR Pro that I am very happy with. It comes down to what your needs and budget are. Do you want to spend ~$1 or ~$2 per chip? Are you certain that you need 1400 chips? What are your stakes? Are you planning on playing cash, tournament or both?
-Kyle

Having the same tournament set as your cash set isn't the best idea. We all usually trust those that we play with, however, so it takes is someone slipping a $25, or worse, a $100 from the tournament set into the cash game. You'll be out some money, and,

Having the same tournament set as your cash set isn't the best idea. We all usually trust those that we play with, however, so it takes is someone slipping a $25, or worse, a $100 from the tournament set into the cash game. You'll be out some money, and,
I’ve thought about that, and for my games (though each is a trustworthy friend) I’m able to get around that by exclusively using 1, 5, 20 for cash and only 25-up for tourney. No crossover between cash and tourney so no chance for foul play. Thanks for the advice!

The great thing about both BR Pro and SF are they will allow you to change the colors on their stock designs for about a nickel a chip. That allows you a slight bit of security in that your color choices can be made different than stock designs. If you are set on going the BR/SF route.

I would recommend getting samples. I have a custom set from BR Pro that I am very happy with. It comes down to what your needs and budget are. Do you want to spend ~$1 or ~$2 per chip? Are you certain that you need 1400 chips? What are your stakes? Are you planning on playing cash, tournament or both?
-Kyle
Good call, I’ve reached out to Sun-Fly to inquire about samples. Got Tiki Kings, Slow Plays, and Desert Heat samples so far. I genuinely like the look of these Presige’. The only set I’ve ever liked as much/more in appearance is a set of Aurora Star Poulsons used by Chris Manzoni’s YouTube Channel. I know they’re far out of my price-range though. Primarily want to be sure that for the price, these will be chips worth their salt.

The great thing about both BR Pro and SF are they will allow you to change the colors on their stock designs for about a nickel a chip. That allows you a slight bit of security in that your color choices can be made different than stock designs. If you are set on going the BR/SF route.
I knew this about BR but not SF. Good to know, I’ll have to consider that for longevity’s sake. Now it’s all trusted friends, but I’d like these to be usable for years to come, and who knows how things might morph in the future with friends of friends.

They are ok but for that budget. I will go for clay and buy something like this from the recent TCR sales

Using the 5 as 5 cent, 25 as 25 cents, 1 or 100 as $1

View attachment 1118678
View attachment 1118679

Or sometime like these if you prefer non solid hotstamped chips

View attachment 1118680
Sorry for my ignorance, but are Diamond Jacks top-tier? Also, What is the “TCR Sales” you referenced?

Are clay chips of this quality going to last as long?

SF will probably respond that they don't have samples, they did me. I have their Lucky Dragon chips from probably 15 years ago, but, was interested in the polyinno. Asked if they would change colors, and, they said sure, no problem. I asked if they had samples and they said no. However, there are many here that have them and they get high praise.

SF will probably respond that they don't have samples, they did me. I have their Lucky Dragon chips from probably 15 years ago, but, was interested in the polyinno. Asked if they would change colors, and, they said sure, no problem. I asked if they had samples and they said no. However, there are many here that have them and they get high praise.
Good to know! That’s been my hope, that if I can’t get samples, at least I’ll have good references that they’re worth the price.

From my own limited experience Sunfly have excellent ceramics. I have a set of approx 300 and I haven't found a single bad chip (either art errors or spinners etc) in there. They stack like they're fixed with Velcro.

Very much worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom