Cash Game Software for cash games? (2 Viewers)

Mitchell89

Pair
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some software for managing a cash game which would track buyins and expenses etc? I am currently using excel which works fine but i thought there might be something out there to make it simpler.

i dont understand what you are trying to do. why would you need to track to track anything? blinds never change, no breaks, no color ups. players change cash for chips, play, cash out chips for dollars. Are you trying to calculate other players win percentages for some reason?

If you mean poker bankroll / session tracking I am a fan of poker income app on iOS or Android. Most pros use it. You can try for free but worth the $5 or $10 IMO.

I can't imagine anything being simpler than Excel. What's wrong with Excel? Perhaps you could just watch some youtube tutorials if you're struggling with it?

I have been running a cash game but it sometimes gets messy when trying to keep track of buyins and was wondering if there is any software that helps with this.

for example player a buys in for 200 cash
Player b buys in for 500 transfer
Player a reloads for 200 cash
Player c takes 200 on credit etc

I would like to know how much people are in for and how much cash should be in the float etc

Cash in I don’t keep track of since they don’t get chips until I get cash.

as far as people that want to borrow from me I put a note in my phone with the persons name and the amount. If the person is drinking I will text them the IOU amount as well.

if you are having problems, slow down!!! Your players aren’t going to get mad that you take a little extra time to make sure the bank is right. The confusion at the end of the night trying to figure out when the shortage came from and how best to fix is going to take a lot more time than getting it right the first time.

Cash for chips. No exceptions. The only way to run cash games.
^^^^^^
This. ALLLLLL this. IF you dont have cash for closing out the game, thats entirely on you. If you want to let people E-transfer money to you, you need to have cash to cover before the game even begins. I work under the rule of NO CASH = NO CHIPS.

^^^^^^
This. ALLLLLL this. IF you dont have cash for closing out the game, thats entirely on you. If you want to let people E-transfer money to you, you need to have cash to cover before the game even begins. I work under the rule of NO CASH = NO CHIPS.

Yep. Some guys will Venmo each other etc. but chips don’t get onto the table unless an equal amount of cash goes into the box.

You want software to track player buy ins and bank activity for a cash game ........ I built a cash register just for that purpose.

IMG_20190919_193700.jpg

The software running the register lets me input transactions by customer. Is that along the lines of what you are looking for?

You want software to track player buy ins and bank activity for a cash game ........ I built a cash register just for that purpose.

View attachment 611254

The software running the register lets me input transactions by customer. Is that along the lines of what you are looking for?
While not anything I need, thats pretty damn cool.

Cash for chips. No exceptions. The only way to run cash games.
This. If someone wants to buy in via Cashap/Venmo/etc, they send me money, I take cash out of my roll and buy their chips.

As far as software, idk what you're trying to track. I just keep a running total on a small notepad of what the bank is, and perform a count and chip audit halfway thru the night. Haven't had a short cashbox in a decade.

also remember tracking is a paper trial, now i know the irs and police will never knock down your door but if they do the tracking would be a nice gift for them.

of course i am just kidding, but i agree with everyone here in cash games its cash on the barrel or ecash (no one ever mentions Zelle) me and i will fund your needs
with expenses just agree to $x a head and thats the budget for food and drinks.

Cash for chips camp here as well. I did offer credit for a while but when people started using 18 months to pay me back, it ended. And these were friends. It will happen to you too. You can go all-in as 90% favorite every time and you will still lose at some point.

View attachment 611254

Hey. Can you message me about this? Have some questions! Thanks brother

I guess I'm in the minority in that I use an excel spreadsheet to track my cash games, and then we payout at the end of the night. We've all moved away from cash and use Venmo or PayPal. My game is between close friends, so I haven't worried about bank issues. It's always reconciled at the end of the night. There have been a few occasions where a friend has brought someone new into the game, I always make it clear to that friend that he is on the hook for the new guy should any payments issues come up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom