Semi-custom Spirit mold CC micro-set: And so it begins... (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I've been on PCF a month, so obviously it's time for me to start blowing money on chips.

I found these Spirit molds on chipsandgames.com, for what amounts to less than 12 cents a piece shipped. They will be a semi-custom micro set.

Gray (.05) x 150
Pink (.25) x 150
Blue ($1) x 150
Yellow ($5) x 100
Orange ($10) x 25 --I could do $20 on these, but honestly, it's likely rare that I'd ever need $10's, let alone $20's.

I also bought some whites, in case I didn't like the grays. It's supposed to be 100, but two of the rolls are short one chip.

First impressions: I really dig the colors a lot. Can't wait to seem them, cleaned, oiled, and labeled. I took the oranges out, just to get a feel for them. I greatly prefer the feel and sound to my current Showdown set. I did notice the yellow and orange stacks were slightly taller, but I wonder if that has to do with the labels. There is no odd smell to speak of.

This set will go together over the next couple months. Now to start the cleaning process and label design!

Last edited:
Links to good cleaning info/videos would be greatly appreciated. (y) :thumbsup:

As I was removing labels, I noticed that a vast majority of the labels weren't quite exactly centered, leaving a slightly raised edge over one side of the inlay. This created a slight height difference in the labeled chips.

There are a few stray flecks of color. Just a sampling of said flecks.

I haven't noticed any flea bites or crumbling in any of the chips I've looked at, but I've only gone through about a quarter of them. There are some tiny " crumbs" of yellow and orange on the table, but nothing major.

After handling these for thirty minutes, I pulled out my cheapies; they do not feel nice. Look what y'all have done to me!

Last edited:
You need quarters.... too big of a gap between 10c and $1 (y) :thumbsup:

You need quarters.... too big of a gap between 10c and $1 (y) :thumbsup:

Yep, I don't know why I typed ".10" there! The pinks will be quarters. I edited the OP.

Yep, I don't know why I typed ".10" there!

maybe its a sign that in the back of your mind, you want a 10c chip :D

My micro cash set has 5c and 10c chips ..... that group of 5c/10c blind $5 buy-in players really like the 10c denomination :confused:

maybe its a sign that in the back of your mind, you want a 10c chip :D

My micro cash set has 5c and 10c chips ..... that group of 5c/10c blind $5 buy-in players really like the 10c denomination :confused:

I do have those whites. Maybe I will have a dime after all. :)

Actually, the whites may have to be my nickels. I'm not sure if the gray solids are going to work; they are brittle. Two of them broke while I was washing them with a cloth. They're about as durable as the rye chips you get in a bag of Gardetto's.

Last edited:
The blues are a but mismatched. A large majority are the lightest color on the bottom left. Maybe 20% are the slightly darker ones, bottom right. And there is one obviously darker one. They were all mixed in together in the rolls.

TWELVE CENTS APIECE
Still it's not like you are buying bespoke individual hand made chips.

Looks like three batches all mixed in. Horrible stock control.

But twelve cents each. That's I don't give a fuck territory.

Thought I remember hearing that these flake and chip like nobody's business.

I think it's a bad sign that this guy has already found "tiny crumbs of yellow and orange" on his table. But again, for 12 cents apiece, you're buying disposable chips.

That's a lot of variation between chips in the same roll.

TWELVE CENTS APIECE

I think it's a bad sign that this guy has already found "tiny crumbs of yellow and orange" on his table. But again, for 12 cents apiece, you're buying disposable chips.

That really dark chip is a lone oddball. The differences between the other two isn't terribly noticeable in person. But yes, it's shows poor stock control.

Only crumbs I've noticed I've noticed was when I first opened the individual rolls and started handling them. Haven't noticed any other flecks since, through initial cleaning and some more handling, shuffling, etc. Sure, they're a long way from Paulsons, but I think they'll be a fun project, and so much better than my sluggers.

Paulsons or CPC's are what I call a Someday Baby, as in, "someday baby I'll get an incredible custom set of poker chips." :)

That really dark chip is a lone oddball. The differences between the other two isn't terribly noticeable in person. But yes, it's shows poor stock control.

Only crumbs I've noticed I've noticed was when I first opened the individual rolls and started handling them. Haven't noticed any other flecks since, through initial cleaning and some more handling, shuffling, etc. Sure, they're a long way from Paulsons, but I think they'll be a fun project, and so much better than my sluggers.

Paulsons or CPC's are what I call a Someday Baby, as in, "someday baby I'll get an incredible custom set of poker chips." :)
If you shuffle them for a while is there any flaking?

Yeah the grays are terrible. When I order the yellows I got ones that looked like Neapolitan ice cream and 2/3 couldn't pass the "thumb middle and index finger pressure test." Red, White, Pink had no breakage and the blue had like 15% of them breaking out of 750.

Where did you get your yellow's @Beakertwang?

I'm having a difficult time deciding if I want white as my nickels or pink. Which the loser ends up being my nickels.

Yeah the grays are terrible. When I order the yellows I got ones that looked like Neapolitan ice cream and 2/3 couldn't pass the "thumb middle and index finger pressure test." Red, White, Pink had no breakage and the blue had like 15% of them breaking out of 750.

Where did you get your yellow's @Beakertwang?

I'm having a difficult time deciding if I want white as my nickels or pink. Which the loser ends up being my nickels.

I got them all from chipsandgames.com. Solids are 7¢, unlabled spotteds are 10¢, and labeled spotted (DaVinci and Pyramid) are 13¢. I got the labeled pink and orange, and pulled off the stickers.

I may use the grays as my nickel anyway. @longflop's experience seems to suggest they'll hold up ok after labeling and oiling.

@SeanGecko, I got the labeled yellows that are brighter, and don't look like Neopolitan ice cream. :)

I noticed that. I order the 50 pack and a row of labeled and still got the chocolate and strawberry for edge spots. rats

Weird

Attachments

• 20171018_214124.jpg
    20171018_214124.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 269
At 13¢/chip for the DaVincis, it's hard to go wrong.

Oh man I know. The is my first clay set. I'm replacing my old super diamond set. I have @Gear making the labels. Sadly, I keep having issues on the nickels first the gray chips and now these yellow.

Attachments

• New Cash set 1.JPG
    New Cash set 1.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 280
  • New Cash set 2.JPG
    New Cash set 2.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Doing good.jpg
    Doing good.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 289
  • HPC Cash Game Set.jpg
    HPC Cash Game Set.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 296
Oh man I know. The is my first clay set. I'm replacing my old super diamond set. I have @Gear making the labels. Sadly, I keep having issues on the nickels first the gray chips and now these yellow.
I love your HPC CAsh Game set. I just cannot believe these are super diamond... how good are they? feel? flatness? the look is amazing... I see there are multiple vendors and the product is different apparently, where did you buy your super diamonds? I do like the spirit mold chips as well. How to they compare?

Thx!

I love your HPC CAsh Game set. I just cannot believe these are super diamond... how good are they? feel? flatness? the look is amazing... I see there are multiple vendors and the product is different apparently, where did you buy your super diamonds? I do like the spirit mold chips as well. How to they compare?

Thx!
Thank you sent a PM to explain a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom