Resorts World 4/8 mix game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas last week and I thought I’d share about the Resorts World 4/8 mix game. We stumbled into it and it was some of the most fun poker I’ve had in a long time. It’s a pseudo-private game from what I can tell, so it’s mostly local regs who show up and make it a sort of pot luck social event, but you can get on the list like any other game. And best part is you buy in for a mountain of chips.

The trick is it’s over 30 different games and you’ve probably never played any of them. I think all of them are split pot games, with most being variations of omaha or triple draw. Like Drawmaha (5-cards, draw after the flop, double board Omaha) with the best high from both boards splitting with the best 5 card draw hand. But sometimes the 5-card draw hand is 2-7 or badugi. Also lots of variations where your 5-card hand is playing for points. Every pip is a point, face cards are zero. So maybe playing for closest to zero (all face cards) or closest to 49 (TTTT9 max pips). The game changes every five hands.

It runs I think Thursday and Sunday. Such a refreshing change from playing hold ‘em all the time. PM me if you’re interested and I can probably get you the number of the woman who organizes it for more info.

Just got back from Vegas last week and I thought I’d share about the Resorts World 4/8 mix game. We stumbled into it and it was some of the most fun poker I’ve had in a long time. It’s a pseudo-private game from what I can tell, so it’s mostly local regs who show up and make it a sort of pot luck social event, but you can get on the list like any other game. And best part is you buy in for a mountain of chips.

The trick is it’s over 30 different games and you’ve probably never played any of them. I think all of them are split pot games, with most being variations of omaha or triple draw. Like Drawmaha (5-cards, draw after the flop, double board Omaha) with the best high from both boards splitting with the best 5 card draw hand. But sometimes the 5-card draw hand is 2-7 or badugi. Also lots of variations where your 5-card hand is playing for points. Every pip is a point, face cards are zero. So maybe playing for closest to zero (all face cards) or closest to 49 (TTTT9 max pips). The game changes every five hands.

It runs I think Thursday and Sunday. Such a refreshing change from playing hold ‘em all the time. PM me if you’re interested and I can probably get you the number of the woman who organizes it for more info.

You should probably check the “resources” section and look at Abby’s mixed game cards.

At meetups these are pretty much the only games played.

I had occasion to play in this last July. It was a lot of fun. Resorts World is my new favorite room in Vegas now.

I played in it on Wednesday last week. It's not really private. It's on the board and you can get in the list just like any game there. But it is basically the same group playing all the time, and if you don't get on the list early, you will be waiting for quite a while as they won't run more than one table of it.

There is also an 8/16 mix going most days too.

I had occasion to play in this last July. It was a lot of fun. Resorts World is my new favorite room in Vegas now.
Mine too. They have a lot going on during the WSOP. From what I know, traffic is much lower during the rest of the year. But they have great staff, great dealers, a very comfortable and well lit room, and $5 max rake with no promos. Can't really beat it IMO.

Best game in Vegas hands down. Coach runs the 8/16 game.

Once you play in it 2-3 times they know your name. I go back every 4-5 months and everyone is like “hey Bergs!”.

Mixed game festival is there next week. 4/8 and 8/16, 55 game mixed, 5-8 tables, plus some events, giveaways and other shenanigans. Highly recommend going. Several well known pros and celebrities go and grind the smaller games as well (Rampage, Jonathan Little, Norman Chad, Eli Elezra, etc).

OP and others, is there a number I can message to get on heads-up/invite list for this game?

OP and others, is there a number I can message to get on heads-up/invite list for this game?
They organize on Facebook. If you have an account join the "Mixed Game Poker in Las Vegas" group, a member named "Raul" posts whenever the RW game is going. Send him a message, he's super cool.

Goddamn Facebook strikes again…lol I haven’t been able to get on mine since College because I forgot my email, but I’ll figure that part out haha
If you want, you can DM me your phone number, real name, and when you are going to be out there and I can send a facebook message to Raul

By the way, thank you to everyone here. This was a blast truly! Home game feel with strangers.

IMG_0901.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom