Tourney Ranking when players bust at the same time (1 Viewer)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question -- I'm hosting a league this year, with a points based system to determine player of the year. For points purposes, what rank do I give to players who bust out at the same time? This past month, I knocked out 2 players when we were 9 handed. So is there some sort of way to determine who is 8th, and who is 9th? Or do I give them both a ranking of 8.5?

Thanks!

Quick question -- I'm hosting a league this year, with a points based system to determine player of the year. For points purposes, what rank do I give to players who bust out at the same time? This past month, I knocked out 2 players when we were 9 handed. So is there some sort of way to determine who is 8th, and who is 9th? Or do I give them both a ranking of 8.5?

Thanks!
we always use the chip stack as the tie breaker. Player 1 had 9k, player 2 had 11k and both busted, so player 2 would have a higher ranking than player 1

Beautiful. OK, now to remember who had the higher chip count...

Thanks guys!

If it happens when you still have two tables, and one goes out at each table, then you should split the points/money. That’s how the civilized world does it. If at one table the chip count rules, if at two different tables (or more) it’s a split.

Double kills (more than 2 players knocked out):
  1. Different starting stacks at beginning of hand: Higher chip stack gets more points/higher place.
  2. Same starting stacks at beginning of hand: Both player tie in placement/split points.
Multikills (more than 2 players knocked out):
Similar to above, but if players killed have same chip stack at hand start, those player will split points/same place.

Sometimes if it's hard to track who's starting with what, whether it's too lazy or we need to keep the game going, just split points/same place no matter what.

Last edited:
Bigger chip stack. Happens fairly regularly and never had an issue sorting it out.

Since no one else is offering creative solutions: bigger chip stack...gets to choose between arm wrestling or Indian leg wrestling.

Just played in a home tourney game that the host and players used hand ranking post river. Very weird.
example 5 players left, 3 players all in, player A with 25k wins with broadway straight, knocks out player B with 12k who has middle set as well as player C with 15k with 2 pair. resulted in player C getting 5th and player B getting 4th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom