Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (6 Viewers)

Needed some more tools.
E924112D-37FD-4228-9056-AAEF164920FE.jpeg

Wood ducks, those are so cool and not super common to see in my experience.

yes very lucky to see in the backyard vernal Pond.
They are so shy as well. They know when you are looking at them it’s freaky.
we get about 3 or 4 pairs each year. The pond will dry up around August

Our amp/receiver for our surround system has been HORRIBLE for over a year now. What I mean is, 1 out of 50 times I turned it on it would produce the LOUDEST most horrible paralyzing distortion I have ever heard. If there is a sound you have to listen to in hell for all eternity, this would be it. So bad that I could barely grab the remote to turn it off (my poor cats...). As a result we have been extremely careful while turning it on obviously because, well, we don't want our ears to bleed. Anyway, I finally went down to Costco and scooped up a new receiver, this was the only one they carry:

20200606_100649[1].jpg

At first, I was wondering why it was so expensive ($460 on sale, $490 regular). I don't think I have ever paid more than $350 for a decent receiver. However, once I realized that it can connect to my WiFi and has bluetooth connectivity it made more sense. The control over the room with this amp is impressive. In addition, my Klipsch speakers are PERFORMING like I have never heard them before. I finally have clarity in my music again and movies are practically a new experience. I know that home theaters/quality speakers and systems are a rabbit hole (kinda like poker chips), that can drain you of tens of thousands of dollars +, but I am confident I won't dive down that hole......(I hope...)

Our amp/receiver for our surround system has been HORRIBLE for over a year now. What I mean is, 1 out of 50 times I turned it on it would produce the LOUDEST most horrible paralyzing distortion I have ever heard. If there is a sound you have to listen to in hell for all eternity, this would be it. So bad that I could barely grab the remote to turn it off (my poor cats...). As a result we have been extremely careful while turning it on obviously because, well, we don't want our ears to bleed. Anyway, I finally went down to Costco and scooped up a new receiver, this was the only one they carry:

View attachment 471743

At first, I was wondering why it was so expensive ($460 on sale, $490 regular). I don't think I have ever paid more than $350 for a decent receiver. However, once I realized that it can connect to my WiFi and has bluetooth connectivity it made more sense. The control over the room with this amp is impressive. In addition, my Klipsch speakers are PERFORMING like I have never heard them before. I finally have clarity in my music again and movies are practically a new experience. I know that home theaters/quality speakers and systems are a rabbit hole (kinda like poker chips), that can drain you of tens of thousands of dollars +, but I am confident I won't dive down that hole......(I hope...)
Nice. I’ve been thinking of getting this exact one from Costco to replace my 12yo Yamaha 7.2.

I bought a new driveway. Had been dirt since we added the addition (mudroom and garage). Hard to snowblow when the ground is not hard. Paving is expensive .... I could get a pinball machine or a nice set of Paulsons for the price :(

View attachment 461389
Also love the solar. How's that work for you?

I wanted a cart to mount the shuffle tech in and a place nearby to keep chips (damn Barrington table doesn't give you space to make a drawer). So I put casters on the bottom of a Home Depot kitchen cabinet.
IMG_20200606_155622.jpg
IMG_20200606_155635.jpg

The screws for the flush mount kit just barely stuck up through the top of the cabinet but some leftover tool box drawer liner solved that safety issue. The insulation to absorb the sound of the shuffle tech is on Amazon dirt cheap too.

View attachment 471743

Yamaha HT Receivers are great. It’s a great buy. I looked at that receiver. I moved on to a Marantz because I liked the deal I got on it. it had 4K HDMI and Dolby Atmos which yours has. I had my old Yamaha for 12+ years and use it as a CD Player/Stereo/streaming audio. I would of went with Yamaha again, but I got a good deal on the Marantz.

I wanted a cart to mount the shuffle tech in and a place nearby to keep chips (damn Barrington table doesn't give you space to make a drawer). So I put casters on the bottom of a Home Depot kitchen cabinet.
View attachment 471840View attachment 471841
The screws for the flush mount kit just barely stuck up through the top of the cabinet but some leftover tool box drawer liner solved that safety issue. The insulation to absorb the sound of the shuffle tech is on Amazon dirt cheap too.
A few questions here for anyone who has a Shuffletech. I was thinking of eventually getting one. However, I heard they were coming out with new models in 2020. Is this true? Second has anyone done mounting like above, but with a table from Ikea, Wayfair or something similar. They have one on the Shuffle Master site, but is super overpriced. Thanks.

Last edited:
A few questions here for anyone who has a shuffle master. I was thinking of eventually getting one. However, I heard they were coming out with new models in 2020. Is this true? Second has anyone done mounting like above, but with a table from Ikea, Wayfair or something similar. They have one on the Shuffle Master site, but is super overpriced. Thanks.
Shuffle Master? The deckmates?

View attachment 471743

I have a Yamaha RX-V481 (it's a 5.1 rather than a 7.2) and I really like it. Not only does it have Wi-Fi, but if it's near your router you can just connect it directly with a wire and get your full internet speed.

We are having a BBQ this weekend with another Family. This is the first time my son will see his best friend since the Pandemic began. It has been months he hasn't hung out live with another child other than seeing kids at the park as we walk by or the neighbors kids playing in their yard. I was looking for something to listen to music with outside and came across this at Best Buy online and will pick it up tomorrow. The reviews on Best Buy and on youtube were good enough for me. I wasn't looking for something high end. But this had the retro look I like and it has Blue Tooth, MicoSD Card, and USB functionality. The Tape Deck even works and you can record to tapes. It also has AM/FM. Has an internal battery that can be re=charged, but also will accept D-Cells I guess as backup. This is totally 80s.

1591934647365.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom