Cash Game PokerStars Home Games (1 Viewer)

Who has used PokerStars Home Game to play either friends?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Have not used PS Home Games

• Have played but did not like it

• Would never use Home Games on PS.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Online poker using play moneyis a River Rats dream game.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

4SUMERZ

Flush
Reaction score
I have my regulars who play small stakes cash at my home poker room on a monthly basis. We all enjoy getting together in person, and have a great time. During the winter months, we also play once a week using PokerStars Home Game. We create a play money 9 seat table, pot limit cash game, 100/200 with starting stack of $20000. We play for 1.5 hours, and only 1 rebuy per player allowed.
We play for real money , but use the play money table. We keep track of buy in, money won or lost after each session. At the end of the winter, just prior to the golf season starting, we square our debts, + or - using etransfer or cash.
Since PS takes a rake, even on the play money tables, we keep track of the rake% and payout accordingly. The total Chips buy ins divided into the final total chips on the table at the end of play.

I’ve played so many tournaments on PokerStars home games for real cash, I couldn’t count. But I’ve never tried to play cash games for real cash. It seems messy with the rake.

I’ve played so many tournaments on PokerStars home games for real cash, I couldn’t count. But I’ve never tried to play cash games for real cash. It seems messy with the rake.
So you would recommend PS? Are there tournament entry fees per you or a flat monthly fee to play?

So you would recommend PS? Are there tournament entry fees per you or a flat monthly fee to play?
It’s been a while, but as I remember it, you can play home games playmoney tournaments on PokerStars for a minimal playmoney entry fee. So as long as you could win a tournament now and then to replenish your play money balance, there were no actual costs.

Easy formula to determine the rake and final money won or lost based on buy in and final $ won at the end of the session.

It’s been a while, but as I remember it, you can play home games playmoney tournaments on PokerStars for a minimal playmoney entry fee. So as long as you could win a tournament now and then to replenish your play money balance, there were no actual costs.
It doesn't cost any real money to create a home game, and one can get 15000 free Chips every 4 hours, so no money required. You can buy play chips, but not required if you play smart.

Sounds interesting. I always wanted to try poker online but only with people I know. I don’t want to get caught up in game where I’m wagering 100s of real dollars if I play every night. So I look for games that don’t wager real money. But even those are a joke, because it’s not real and no real consequences to poor play. I think I’m in a loop on this. I’ve only downloaded the poker games for my PS4 and enjoy it occasionally.

The rake for the cash game is annoying. Tourneys are great. But they take ur free points during the rake so it can make cash a bit confusing.

Sounds interesting. I always wanted to try poker online but only with people I know. I don’t want to get caught up in game where I’m wagering 100s of real dollars if I play every night. So I look for games that don’t wager real money. But even those are a joke, because it’s not real and no real consequences to poor play. I think I’m in a loop on this. I’ve only downloaded the poker games for my PS4 and enjoy it occasionally.
That is why we decided to find a private table, and Poker Stars was the only site offering that option during Covid, when we started our cash game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom