Poker size (1 Viewer)

This is a super broad question. Some homegames might like bridge, others poker sized. Unless they are regular players/card enthusiasts, the average home game player is not gonna give a damn.

We played with Poker/Regular index for years and recently changed to Bridge/Jumbo and everybody likes it. We now alternate and nobody really cares.

Depends on the day size wise, if its cold out I usually prefer bridge. Bit more confident with the sizing in summer on hotter days.

As for Copag vs Faded Spade, copags cheaper with a lot more designs. My players prefer FS, stiffer and they like the backs/artwork but don't mind Copag either.

How big are your hands?
Screenshot_20230914_172031_Chrome.jpg

I prefer poker size because I have fairly big hands, but it's situational. What games are you playing (lots of hole cards versus few hole cards)? What are your players comfortable with?

Picking bridge may limit your ability to find jumbo-index cards, so keep that in mind too. The index is often more important than the card size, and it becomes increasingly important as your player pool skews older.

I love the poker size w/jumbo index for long, oval tables. It is easier to see and interpret the pips from the ends of the table. Some players have old eyes.

For round tables with 6 or less players, I like the poker w/regular index. You are usually sitting a little closer together. Plus, I like how the image on the face cards are larger with regular index versus the larger jumbo index. Some card sets have some pretty cool looking kings, queens, and jacks.

If I am playing anything where I have to hold multiple cards in hand, I prefer bridge w/regular index. Smaller cards and with smaller pips and larger face card images are easier to hold, especially if your finger joints easily get sore.

I don't care for the bridge w/jumbo index because the face card images are tiny!

Good luck finding what you want. Some combinations are hard to find nowadays. If you can, get a deck of each to compare sizes. Once you know the size you like, look at the different brands. For the different card brands (Copag vs Faded Spades vs Desjgn vs Trefl vs Fournier), do some research on PCF to hear how people describe them. Maybe someone will let you borrow a setup or you can start buying them. Collecting card setups is just as fun as the chips!

Welcome to PCF!
And kiss your savings goodbye!! :bigbucks:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom