Poker post covid, in a new town. A success story. (1 Viewer)

JScott

Flush
Reaction score
Is this worth of a thread? Sure, why not.

So I moved to a new town, bought my dream home and built my dream poker room which I won't spam again. But if you haven't seen it CLICK HERE
One of the great things about this neighborhood is it's quiet, safe and everyone is around the same age with kids, dogs, real american dream shit. BUT, few of the people know each other because a lot of them relocated from the city during covid or just before. I immediately started to invite guys to the games, and I've since had 5 games, and they've been full (7-8 people) every time, and that's just with people on the street. I put a lot of effort into the room, do dinner, snacks and drinks, and it's just an overall successful night.

Here's where it turns into a success story, at the end of the last game, on a night where guys were exchanging numbers so they could go Mountain Biking with each other, camping etc... one of the guys (the only one I knew in this town before I moved here and has been here the longest) stayed after to play some darts and he goes: "dude, I've met more good dudes at your game than I have in the 10 years I lived in this town prior". THAT, to me is what is awesome about home poker. We went on to chat about how perfect poker was for that because you can invite a bunch of guys who have NOTHING in common and they can just play and the game provides enough entertainment to make it worthwhile. OR, all the guys are chatting and poker becomes the side activity in the background because everyone's having such a great time.

There's no question that covid has changed the way we interact, and people are slow to get back out into the world and socialize, I've found poker has been a great success on that front.

That's all.

unnamed (12).jpg

Awesome story, congrats. I hope a silver lining of the last few years will be people coming together and realizing the importance of time together with friends and family.

Sounds awesome! And I wouldn’t worry about spamming that poker room, it’s well worth showing off. Looks absolutely amazing! :love:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom