Harrington on hold em vol 2 (used)
Caro's book of poker tells (new)

35$ shipped for the set

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180322_000956.jpg
    MVIMG_20180322_000956.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
If anyone is losing at poker and wants to dig in and understand the game better...Harrington books are really good. I can't speak to the Caro book but I have heard its good.

It's been a while since i read the Harrington books but I would say they do a great job of helping you understand how to get deep in multi table tournaments. Harrington is famous for making back to back final tables in the main event with his tight aggressive style.

I hear the Caro book is interesting and goes into the psychology of tells. I hear the gist of it is people tend to display weakness when they are strong, and vice versa. This one is brand new so you'd have to tell me yourself!
Up for sale are 3 poker books.

Harrington on hold em vol 1 (used)
Harrington on hold em vol 2 (used)
Caro's book of poker tells (new)

40$ for the set plus shipping

I've read all 3 of those books and it helped my game out tremendously. I'm now reading Harrington's Cash Game books, and then "The Theory of Poker".
Anyone who hasn't read these and wants to improve their game though, I highly recommend picking them up. Caro's book of tells was interesting, and definitely can be useful if applied in real life situations, but as I play online quite a lot, it doesn't really help me there. Either way, $40 shipped seems like a deal to me! Good luck!

I feel like the Harrington books are almost required reading for tourney players. The 3rd book in the series is a workbook filled with poker puzzles. I like the way Harrington has constructed these books in a way that teaches you how to think about poker situations. He just doesn't tell you "do this or do that" but instead what you should be thinking about in similar situations. It reminds me of the way bobby fisher presents his book bobby fisher teaches chess. If you are interested in upping your tourney game, I would pick these up. I paid 30 bucks each when I got them many years ago, so $40 for all three books is a steal! GLWS

Caro's book of poker tells is also interesting, but I put much less stock in physical tells since they can be manipulated by players who I consider "actors". Still a fun read, and almost free at these prices, since the Harrington books are easy worth 20 bucks each.

I feel like the Harrington books are almost required reading for tourney players. The 3rd book in the series is a workbook filled with poker puzzles. I like the way Harrington has constructed these books in a way that teaches you how to think about poker situations. He just doesn't tell you "do this or do that" but instead what you should be thinking about in similar situations. It reminds me of the way bobby fisher presents his book bobby fisher teaches chess. If you are interested in upping your tourney game, I would pick these up. I paid 30 bucks each when I got them many years ago, so $40 for all three books is a steal! GLWS

Caro's book of poker tells is also interesting, but I put much less stock in physical tells since they can be manipulated by players who I consider "actors". Still a fun read, and almost free at these prices, since the Harrington books are easy worth 20 bucks each.
Yeah, well said. I agree with everything you said. Even though the books are a bit "Dated" the information is still very useful in today's games. The tourney books are obviously great for any tourney players, but they contain basic information that would help improve your decision making in cash games as well. Although, I've nearly finished the first cash game book by Harrington and there are many differences in the decisions that he breaks down hand by hand. Anyways, good luck with the sale, I would pick them up if I didn't already have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom