Po' Boy's NFC/RFID PoC (Proof of Concept or Piece of Crap? You Decide.) (2 Viewers)

TheLemursReturn

3 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
The Latest: Real Hands w/ Remote Players

I was inspired by @eightyWon's RFID thread. His tech will be MILES ahead of this, but this is a super cheap way to make some cool stuff happen. Just ~$20 for RFID stickers.

Next step would be getting the bets/stack sizes/pot sizes on screen. It's hard to track what's going on without that. Also odds.

Proof of concept or piece of crap? You decide.

It's a little clunky and needs a ton of design work. But it's functional and cool, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Huge update. Real hands with remote players. There are still a million bugs I need to work out. Plus audio/video/production improvements, of course. But we survived for several hours without any deal-breaking issues. Not bad for $20 worth of stickers and a few days of coding.

Please don't judge our strategies, habits, pace, stakes, etc, etc. Lol.

If you're thinking about asking why we don't just play entirely online, I think you're on the wrong forum.

Last edited:
Doesn't this open up to a security breach, though? I thought the point was to not have this information too widely accessible, unless there's really high level encryption.

There are a million ways this could be "hacked" or exploited currently, yes. Especially since I whipped it up in a few days.

For example, at the moment, opponents cards are technically piped into everyone's browser code. They're never shown on the screen, but anyone could trivially open up their browser tools and see what's going on.

However, I'm curious what particular exploit you had in mind? The one I just described could easily be avoided when I get the code cleaned up.

I had nothing in mind, I'm just a know-nothing observer.

I find the tech fascinating. I still don't understand the usefulness of doing this in a home game, unless you're actively creating streaming content (on a delay). Or you are reviewing things in order to learn all your opponents play styles and ranges.

Live streaming (on a delay) is one of my main goals, yep. Will take me several months more before we get there though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom