Pharaoh Club Poker Chips - Not Paulsons (1 Viewer)

Brod84

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm looking for my first non-Walmart set and saw that Apache Poker sells the Pharaoh Club chips for $0.49 a chip. I know these are not Paulsons, but was hoping for some feedback from anyone that has a set of these chips.

Pharaoh Club Set

How does the weight and feel compare to Paulsons? Do they stack and shuffle nicely? I also had a hard time finding pictures of these chips showing how they looked when stacked up, mostly just pictures of the individual chips. If you have any pictures of the barrels that you can share please do!

Thanks for any feedback!

Hey! I’ve got quite a few of these chips and I love them. I will say, if you’ve never handled China clays before (Pharoahs, Milanos, Dunes) you might want to grab a sample set to feel and shuffle them.

I love how they shuffle, but there’s for sure some pros and cons.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Great designs
Easy to add on later

Cons:
Sometimes they can start a bit slippery- my 100s have that issue. I’ve been planning to go over the face with a very high grit sandpaper once or twice to see if that helps.

Colors are great, but can be a little dull when they first arrive. Once you get them you’ll want to clean them with a slightly damp cloth to get the “factory dust” off, and then oiling is option to get them to really pop.

Denominations can have slightly different heights, OCD beware!

Overall I’m super happy with them. They don’t keep value the way Paulsons do of course, but they’re great if you want a clay-esque chip experience over a ceramic one.

Also, mandatory pr0n
78C4FADB-8045-49E0-9112-6EB8339F1CFE.jpeg
388B73DC-17B3-42B9-9326-079B2BF6CB70.jpeg

Cons:
Sometimes they can start a bit slippery- my 100s have that issue. I’ve been planning to go over the face with a very high grit sandpaper once or twice to see if that helps.
Short answer: It does.

The new CC all seem to be slippery now. A few passes on each side and it makes a noticeable difference. You don't need to use very high grit paper. I think I used 400 grit.

There's a noticeable difference between the original CC and the new ones. I have the Pharaohs from The Chip Room and added on with the newer ones from Apache. The Chip Room ones are very chalky, smelly, stack great and feel more "Paulson" like. The downside is they flake and break more easily. The Apache ones are more plasticy and IMO opinion need to be sanded first.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom