Owlbear Rounders (1 Viewer)

Drej

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Hey everyone!

As a long time Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) player and a long time poker player, I have been thinking of making a custom set to combine the two. Have always loved the Rounders chips and thought this might be a great way of blending the two. This is just the general idea for the chip and I would have to get someone to design the inlay since I don't own the art that I used for the inlay down below.

Any suggestions or feedback?
Owlbear Rounders.png

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hey everyone!

As a long time Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) player and a long time poker player, I have been thinking of making a custom set to combine the two. Have always loved the Rounders chips and thought this might be a great way of blending the two. This is just the general idea for the chip and I would have to get someone to design the inlay since I don't own the art that I used for the inlay down below.

Any suggestions or feedback?
View attachment 962591
I don’t like the pink/white frac next to the white/pink $1. I’d change up the base color on the frac.

Other than that, this is awesome! CirSq is the best mold for LOTR/D&D-esque themes. DiaSq would probabaly be next but it’s way more expensive.

What about a different monster on each denomination?

I don’t like the pink/white frac next to the white/pink $1. I’d change up the base color on the frac.

Other than that, this is awesome! CirSq is the best mold for LOTR/D&D-esque themes. DiaSq would probabaly be next but it’s way more expensive.

Agree with BNM on the frac/$1 combination.

BTW Grey and Pink work GREAT next to each other.

Reactions: BNM
Very cool idea indeed. I don't care for the font used for the values. Maybe it fits with the "D & D theme". Looking forward to the final results!

Agree with BNM on the frac/$1 combination.

BTW Grey and Pink work GREAT next to each other.

So I changed the frac color to a light blue.
Cool idea.

I also like the suggestion of possibly a different baddie on each denom.

My only concern with using a different creature would be keeping the art theme consistent from chip to chip, I am not an artist my self so that would be up to the designer. This one also has a different font.
newfontowlbearrounders.png

Keeping a blue 1 might look better here. Agree about the font, it just doesn't flow very well.

A different creature on each chip would be awesome!

Keeping a blue 1 might look better here. Agree about the font, it just doesn't flow very well.

A different creature on each chip would be awesome!
Agree. Keep the colors but swap the frac and the $1. Leave the spot patterns with the denoms though.

Change font on denomination... That one is pretty awful... My opinion

Not awful just not bold enough.

Once you’ve settled on your parameters, connect with a designer on here and pay the couple hundred to get exactly the look you want.

Not awful just not bold enough.

Once you’ve settled on your parameters, connect with a designer on here and pay the couple hundred to get exactly the look you want.
I just picked a random "fantasy" looking font, I will for sure let the designer pick what would look best on a chip/label.

So I changed the frac color to a light blue.

My only concern with using a different creature would be keeping the art theme consistent from chip to chip, I am not an artist my self so that would be up to the designer. This one also has a different font.
View attachment 962857
miles better with that frac

the 5k is kinda eh, like it's the only time you are doing two different edge spots and at the same time they are similar to each other and the base color instead of being a contrasting color, I just wouldn't do it like that and I think you could do something else cool at that denomination.

I actually don't hate the denomination/font like everyone else.

I just picked a random "fantasy" looking font, I will for sure let the designer pick what would look best on a chip/label.
Let the designer suggest. YOU pick. It’s your set. Get what YOU want.

The way I'd approach this being a long time DM is to make a Tiammat set

You could do a cool 5 headed dragon label with the 5 colours of the head being perfect colours to do the denominations

Almost try to do the spot patterns with colours and designs that make them feel "elemental" in a way that fits with each heads element

Shit... I might have to design this myself now haha

The way I'd approach this being a long time DM is to make a Tiammat set

You could do a cool 5 headed dragon label with the 5 colours of the head being perfect colours to do the denominations

Doesn't have to be Tiamat per se, but just the chromatic dragons in general.

white dragon frac, blue dragon $1, red dragon $5, green dragon $25, black dragon $100. Perfect Vegas progression.

Doesn't have to be Tiamat per se, but just the chromatic dragons in general.

white dragon frac, blue dragon $1, red dragon $5, green dragon $25, black dragon $100. Perfect Vegas progression.
I think I've just got Tiamat on the brain because my players have just realised Tiamat is probably the BBEG

If you're looking to keep it similar to the Rounders set, my suggestions:

1) Copy the font on the Rounders design.
2) Make the creature smaller. It looks too large right now and makes the inlay look crowded.
3) Stick with the one creature if you're looking for a Rounders tribute set. If you have a different creature on each chip the connection with Rounders will be lost.

I don't know if your aiming to match the actual Rounders colors, but if you are, the $5 is Red w/ DG Yellow, the $25 is Green w/ DG Peach, and the $100 is Black w/ DG Green.

I think I've just got Tiamat on the brain because my players have just realised Tiamat is probably the BBEG
You running Tyranny of Dragons? When are we starting the PCF DnD game and why will it just turn into us playing poker as our DnD characters.

the 5k is kinda eh, like it's the only time you are doing two different edge spots and at the same time they are similar to each other and the base color instead of being a contrasting color, I just wouldn't do it like that and I think you could do something else cool at that denomination.
I get what you are saying, I will try some other patterns out.

I wonder if these might work better as a ceramic set, since I am getting ideas for using a dice outline increase (d4,d6,d10, etc..) on the mold part scroll part.
Thank you all for all the feedback so far!

You running Tyranny of Dragons? When are we starting the PCF DnD game and why will it just turn into us playing poker as our DnD characters.

I wonder if these might work better as a ceramic set, since I am getting ideas for using a dice outline increase (d4,d6,d10, etc..) on the mold part scroll part.
Fully homebrew world,

The party are attempting to stop the resurrection of the dragons, when the red, white, blue, green and black dragon are revived a great calamity will fall on the world,

They of course realised it was Tiamat based on that

In my world magic is in its infancy, the resurrection of the first dragon brought magic back into the world after thousands of years

It doesn’t hurt to have a set made as a cards mold set to see if you like them. Given the lead time and cost of cpc, think of it like an extended test drive.

I designed a set that I thought was the coolest shot ever. Got it made by Tina and wow is it garbage. Like it went right in the trash. But it cost me a penny compared to what getting it from cpc would have cost and I’d have been miserable. Took the lesson and moved on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom