"Outdoor Scenes" first custom set, BR Pro (1 Viewer)

rnelsonee

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I wanted to put up my first custom set — BR Pro order of 1,000 chips. I kept small multiples as we play small stakes, and there's no way we'd use larger denoms if I did 1-5-25-100. My 1-2-5 chips handle LB's, BB's, and raises. It works great for up to 10 people at, say $20 buy-in, 20¢ BB. The 20 chips handle twenty rebuys. The 50 and 100 are if I do a small tourney, and I just wanted more art in there anyway.

Artwork done by an artist found online (in Ukraine, no less), featuring fun times spent outside with friends. I was all primed up for CPC, but after seeing the artwork, I knew I wanted a modern style. So as great as CPC is, it's a bit old-fashioned for that clean look. So off to a redesign with BR Pro, and I could get 1,000 chips at half the cost of 600 CPC's… and in <1 month. Cost was $830 (BR Pro) + $414 (art, including tip + fees).

Art is Maryland activities all the way - eating crabs, sailing in Baltimore, tailgating at U of MD games, playing kickball, renting beach houses, and running along the lakes of Columbia.

The cards hopefully cut down on the "How much are the blues worth again?". For those 10¢ games and such, I have a cheat sheet for each denomination (obverse) for the small blind value (reverse). Just a fun thing. I also have a pic with my old set of 2,200+ dice chips, with custom stickers.

Thanks to all who post advice and other pics! This was super fun to work on.

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 210
  • PXL_20221206_234845097 (1).jpg
    PXL_20221206_234845097 (1).jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.41.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.41.47 PM.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 247
Nice to see more pics than last time you posted. I like the design. Kind of unique. At least I didn't see something like this here before on PCF. Ceramics was the way to go with the design. Can't visualize this on a CPC set. You wrote that you wanted a mordern style. But I think they have a classic touch too.

Nice to see more pics than last time you posted. I like the design. Kind of unique. At least I didn't see something like this here before on PCF. Ceramics was the way to go with the design. Can't visualize this on a CPC set. You wrote that you wanted a mordern style. But I think they have a classic touch too.
Haha, sorry, I legit forgot I posted this back when I first got the set; I thought I didn't have enough posts for my own thread to go through. Glad I could at least get better pics!

And yeah, ceramics let you do anything with the face, but I still like the idea of a big ring of color, and having both sides look the same, so there's some sense of a classic chip in there. The Tiki samples look fantastic, but that modern design makes me think of playthings vs poker chips.

I wanted to put up my first custom set — BR Pro order of 1,000 chips. I kept small multiples as we play small stakes, and there's no way we'd use larger denoms if I did 1-5-25-100. My 1-2-5 chips handle LB's, BB's, and raises. It works great for up to 10 people at, say $20 buy-in, 20¢ BB. The 20 chips handle twenty rebuys. The 50 and 100 are if I do a small tourney, and I just wanted more art in there anyway.

Artwork done by an artist found online (in Ukraine, no less), featuring fun times spent outside with friends. I was all primed up for CPC, but after seeing the artwork, I knew I wanted a modern style. So as great as CPC is, it's a bit old-fashioned for that clean look. So off to a redesign with BR Pro, and I could get 1,000 chips at half the cost of 600 CPC's… and in <1 month. Cost was $830 (BR Pro) + $414 (art, including tip + fees).

Art is Maryland activities all the way - eating crabs, sailing in Baltimore, tailgating at U of MD games, playing kickball, renting beach houses, and running along the lakes of Columbia.

The cards hopefully cut down on the "How much are the blues worth again?". For those 10¢ games and such, I have a cheat sheet for each denomination (obverse) for the small blind value (reverse). Just a fun thing. I also have a pic with my old set of 2,200+ dice chips, with custom stickers.

Thanks to all who post advice and other pics! This was super fun to work on.
My playgroup is similar. I just made my first post trying to get the design down and go through BR Pro. I like how yours turned out for sure.

Really enjoying the landscape scenes, especially the $2. The inlay ring and the minimal text makes for a very pleasant chip.

Which artist did you work with?

Great looking chips! I hope you are enjoying them.

From the photos it looks like base colors of the 2 and 50, and the 2 and the 100 have enough contrast to tell them apart fairly easily. Is that the case for you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom