• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine offerup SELLER WARNING - Michael Ho (1 Viewer)

what kind of evidence?
I have no idea. I’m just saying people probably shouldn’t be banned because one person says they got scammed.
It’s not my website; it’s not up to me. But I’d hope there’d be some kind of due process.

also his pcf profile lists his city as Rosemead, same as the offender's offerup profile.

btw i'm not disagreeing that there should be evidence, just pointing out that there is clearly enough. would be a shame to let this guy hang around long enough to rip off an unsuspecting newbie.

I have no idea. I’m just saying people probably shouldn’t be banned because one person says they got scammed.
It’s not my website; it’s not up to me. But I’d hope there’d be some kind of due process.
He has scammed @allforcharity, whose word is good enough for me.
All his posts are “interesting” or “great points” but don’t actually make any sense in the context they are posted.
I think it’s clear that it’s a fake scam profile.

As noted above, I read the thread and thought there was enough discovered for the community to be rid of this scam profile. Also, @allforcharity is a positive and active member here, so I’d accept his word in this context and also hope the entirety of the time spent reviewing details here in this thread isn’t an elaborate fabrication.

We may not make the final decisions, but it is our site. I’d hope that while this matter is unresolved and this profile is unresponsive it would not be allowed to partake in sales, trades or raffles, at least.

I put all the "proof" I had in the OP. There's too many congruent points to ignore. I'm no detective, but there's enough public information out there that I could gather.
And brother, I’m not questioning you at all. It just seems like a scary precedent, when one guy says he got screwed and the chorus starts screaming “banhammer.”

I have not called for any banning, nor made any threats, nor suggested any course of action save to warn other people away from dealing with this guy because in my opinion he is wholly untrustworthy. All I wanted were the chips that I bought. At the very least I should have got my money back if he changed his mind about selling them. But he kept my money and stopped communicating. And then I see him lurking around here. I've given him every opportunity to explain himself. I don't know what else I was supposed to do.

I was out $700. That's over $930 in my money, after fees. I know that for many people here that's an almost trivial amount of money, but it's quite significant to me. The damage to my ability to trust was far worse.

Just want to touch base here. I've been following this thread and other things related to it for over a month now. Aside from our own policies, there are some very good reasons why its important for me not to post about what we are doing.

It may take a little more time to figure things out, but its better to have these checks and balances in place. I can say that the patience has paid off and aside from what is posted in this thread, the dots have connected elsewhere. For now things have been taken care of.

Even though this problem occurred on the Offer Up website, please, if you are not dealing with someone you know well, play it safe and pay with a PayPal Goods and Services payment. And if you want to double your buyer protection, fund your payment 100% via a linked credit card. If you do have a problem and need to use your buyer protection, always use PayPal first to resolve it. In the rare case that it doesn't get resolved in your favor, then do a charge back with your credit card. If you do it the other way around, I've heard that PayPal may dismiss your claim automatically. Definitely don't do both a PayPal claim and CC charge back at the same time.

I'm glad to see @allforcharity get his money back and the good guy wins for a change.

I don't mean to beat a dying horse, but a bit of a scary thing happened today. Got a call from my CC company, wanting to talk about the investigation. "Shit," I thought,"they're going to reverse my refund," But they just wanted to ask me if I in fact had received the goods since my chargeback request. Of course I said "no" (because I haven't). Apparently they tracked this guy down and he told them he shipped the chips to me, but without providing any details like a date, an address, or a tracking number, so of course the investigators were skeptical. And they agreed that they will continue to pursue the recovery of their money with PayPal.

I asked them how long they would be willing to deal with this investigation before my provisional refund was no longer likely to be reversed (and would be accounted as bad debt if they couldn't get PayPal to cough up). They said typically six months or so.

Bullet dodged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom