New to this addiction (1 Viewer)

Lofotangel

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, greetings from northern Norway

I’m new to this world of poker chip addiction, just recently upgraded from the dice chips I’ve used for years, to a set of abs metal slugs..

Then within the first session I played figured it was to heavy, and bought a used tournament set of custom ceramics. Before even having used this set once I’ve ordered a corresponding cash set of custom ceramics from Sun Fly.. anyone have any experience with them?

And while waiting for that set to arrive, I find myself spending hours searching online for hot stamped clay chips

So I figured I would get on this forum where I understand several others share my newfound addiction.. looking forward to join the forums

Attachments

• 67C83877-35B1-4700-9EAC-D3FDECC0DDE5.jpeg
    67C83877-35B1-4700-9EAC-D3FDECC0DDE5.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 82
Välkommen! Judging by your handle I assume you’re from Lofoten. I have a friend who’s family is from there. Definitely on the bucket list to go up there sometime. It looks absolutely breath taking from photos.

Hi guys, greetings from northern Norway

I’m new to this world of poker chip addiction, just recently upgraded from the dice chips I’ve used for years, to a set of abs metal slugs..

Then within the first session I played figured it was to heavy, and bought a used tournament set of custom ceramics. Before even having used this set once I’ve ordered a corresponding cash set of custom ceramics from Sun Fly.. anyone have any experience with them?

And while waiting for that set to arrive, I find myself spending hours searching online for hot stamped clay chips

So I figured I would get on this forum where I understand several others share my newfound addiction.. looking forward to join the forums
Welcome! We definitely have members here that have bought Sunfly Ceramics, many of us went with Sunfly Hybrids instead
20210517_180532.jpg

Which have an actual label in a ceramic chip. Sunfly makes a good product!

I would stress do not go super hard on the lower/entry level chips... typically the don't hold their value well in the secondary market. If you are already this far down the rabbit hole... it is only a matter of time before "real clay" is all that you think about!

Believe me, many people start on the more economic sets, "say I absolutely love these chips!" But then they do find clay and the majority of the other chips wind up sitting around and not seeing much use. Eventually people typically end up selling them and oftrn for much less than they invested.

Whilst enabling (we are good at that here) I recommend trying out some real clay chips, they hold their value much better and often appreciate rather than depreciate like many ceramics and slugged plastics. @FordPickup92 (my spouse) and I own both and love both, so absolutely nothing wrong with climbing up the chipping ladder at your own pace! I only mention this because it sounds like you having quite the "spending spree" on the entry/mid level chips. But at the end say you are already spying on Clay stamped chips!" We love those too!
20210110_150456.jpg

Our mixed cash set of Leaded THCs
20220803_153112.jpg

Just saying if that is what you think you will eventually bring you thr most joy... then yes have a resonably priced set of cash and tourney ceramics and then start working on your dream set!

Seems like you already caught the "chipping bug", the only cure is more chippies!! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben

Attachments

• 20200912_121203.jpg
    20200912_121203.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 44
F2C02FB5-A1E9-47D9-9189-8B26B370AEFE.jpeg
I recently got these prestige chips that sunfly keeps as a stock chip you can buy. The colors are amazing and i love love the feel of them. Another plus for me is they are 43mm. Your addiction is never satisfied just keep that in mind

Välkommen! Judging by your handle I assume you’re from Lofoten. I have a friend who’s family is from there. Definitely on the bucket list to go up there sometime. It looks absolutely breath taking from photos.
Thanks! You’re absolutely right, I’m from the Lofoten islands, and the photos doesn’t lie been a rainy summer, but when the sun decides to peak through, there is nothing more beautiful in my opinion

Welcome! We definitely have members here that have bought Sunfly Ceramics, many of us went with Sunfly Hybrids instead
View attachment 965982
Which have an actual label in a ceramic chip. Sunfly makes a good product!

I would stress do not go super hard on the lower/entry level chips... typically the don't hold their value well in the secondary market. If you are already this far down the rabbit hole... it is only a matter of time before "real clay" is all that you think about!

Believe me, many people start on the more economic sets, "say I absolutely love these chips!" But then they do find clay and the majority of the other chips wind up sitting around and not seeing much use. Eventually people typically end up selling them and oftrn for much less than they invested.

Whilst enabling (we are good at that here) I recommend trying out some real clay chips, they hold their value much better and often appreciate rather than depreciate like many ceramics and slugged plastics. @FordPickup92 (my spouse) and I own both and love both, so absolutely nothing wrong with climbing up the chipping ladder at your own pace! I only mention this because it sounds like you having quite the "spending spree" on the entry/mid level chips. But at the end say you are already spying on Clay stamped chips!" We love those too!
View attachment 965991
Our mixed cash set of Leaded THCs
View attachment 965992
Just saying if that is what you think you will eventually bring you thr most joy... then yes have a resonably priced set of cash and tourney ceramics and then start working on your dream set!

Seems like you already caught the "chipping bug", the only cure is more chippies!! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben
Thanks a lot Ben, great advice! I’ll guess I’ll keep my ceramics set as my go to while I search for something more high end. Already have a fellow home game friend who have offered to buy my metal slugs for 80% of what I paid, so that I’ll get away from Pretty cheaply

Those stamped clays you got there looks absolutely stunning awesome set!

View attachment 966017I recently got these prestige chips that sunfly keeps as a stock chip you can buy. The colors are amazing and i love love the feel of them. Another plus for me is they are 43mm. Your addiction is never satisfied just keep that in mind
Hehe, I’ll keep that in mind! Those prestige ones looks awesome, I love the feel of 43 mm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom