New to the group! (1 Viewer)

Socialclubmanager

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello. My name is James. I'm in the middle of opening a social club. I never realized how much I was going to spend on chips for an 8 table room. I certainly can't afford 25,000 Paulson priced chips.

Through hours of research I've ran across this forum many times. I wish I knew 10 percent of what some of you do about poker chips.
I'm at the stage of knowing what is clay, clay composite, ceramic, and ABS chips are, but still have a lot to learn.

I've found that I can get 13.5 ounce clay chips for .60 if I buy 25,000. I'm not buying composites. These need to be professional and not give my company a bad name and last a long time.

I didn't mention the company I found them at because I don't know if that's against the rules, but with this being a poker room I would like advice on this. Any help is appreciated. Also thanks for the education I've already gotten. I wish I knew you guys 20 years ago when I was around Vegas and Atlantic city. I sure could've got some good deals in the pawn shops on old chips back then.

Thanks again! I look forward to your responses!

Hello. My name is James. I'm in the middle of opening a social club. I never realized how much I was going to spend on chips for an 8 table room. I certainly can't afford 25,000 Paulson priced chips.

Through hours of research I've ran across this forum many times. I wish I knew 10 percent of what some of you do about poker chips.
I'm at the stage of knowing what is clay, clay composite, ceramic, and ABS chips are, but still have a lot to learn.

I've found that I can get 13.5 ounce clay chips for .60 if I buy 25,000. I'm not buying composites. These need to be professional and not give my company a bad name and last a long time.

I didn't mention the company I found them at because I don't know if that's against the rules, but with this being a poker room I would like advice on this. Any help is appreciated. Also thanks for the education I've already gotten. I wish I knew you guys 20 years ago when I was around Vegas and Atlantic city. I sure could've got some good deals in the pawn shops on old chips back then.

Thanks again! I look forward to your responses!
Contact @BR Pro Poker for a quote on a custom ceramic chip order. That will be your best route.

I had a slight mishap reading your username, at first glance it spelled socialcucumber.....

Anyways, welcome to the forum.
Your first order should be samples of anything that is aesthically appealing within your spending range. This will help narrow down your options alot.
I would recommend custom ceramics, or some of the cards molds as an affordable, customizable option.

Thank you all for the feedback. I truly appreciate it. My only concern is they're listing the 39mm custom chips at 1.59. If I have to pay that I will, but it's a big hit.

Thank you all for the feedback. I truly appreciate it. My only concern is they're listing the 39mm custom chips at 1.59. If I have to pay that I will, but it's a big hit.
Check out the table further down on their custom chip page. They have volume discounts. If you are purchasing 25,000 chips, the cost would be $0.69/chip with non-aligned edge spots or $0.89 for aligned edge spots. Given the volume of chips you're ordering, they may be willing to give you a bigger discount - I'd reach out to them and see what they can do for you.

Screenshot_20220506-053141_Samsung Internet.jpg

Check out the table further down on their custom chip page. They have volume discounts. If you are purchasing 25,000 chips, the cost would be $0.69/chip with non-aligned edge spots or $0.89 for aligned edge spots. Given the volume of chips you're ordering, they may be willing to give you a bigger discount - I'd reach out to them and see what they can do for you.

View attachment 906910
Thank you! I will be calling them Monday.

I would not overlook the fact that brand-new Paulson's are selling in the realm of $5-$10 a chip these days.

How many $1s, $2's, $2.50 snappers, $3s and $5s would you be willing to "lose" to the forum to offset your costs? How about secondary tournament chips?

Just a thought - Paulson's may be, by far, the cheapest option - if you are willing to do a little extra work.

PS. I will handle the extra work for you for a set of tournament chips....

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean "lose" to the forum? I'm looking for a solution to the cost of Paulsons to have all the custom chips for opening. I also have to deal with tournament chips. The will most likely be something cheap with our custom inlay sticker. The cash game chips are what I'm most concerned about on cost vs quality and finding that happy medium.

Forgive me for not understanding your response.

Get samples! Also for that price you could get some custom ceramics too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom