New Stock/Semi-Custom Design! "King of the River" (2 Viewers)

BR Pro Poker

Pair
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just wanted to drop by and post some pics of our newest set! Finally, a stock & semi-custom set inspired by the wsop chips! :) All credit for the name goes to Gene. ;)

These are also available in a semi-custom version where you can choose custom wording, colors, and denoms.

Pick up a sample set here: https://brpropoker.com/collections/king-of-the-river/products/king-of-the-river-sample-set

Happy chipping!
-Kristil & Gene

kotr_stacksphoto.png

instagramkotr.png

No aligned edges? o_O....yikes.
You guys don't know me, so you probably don't give a rip about my opinion, but honest feedback here. I think if you're not going to align the edges, you should do something completely different. Because the misaligned edges look ridiculous. It looks like you intended to have aligned edge spots, but you messed up. Otherwise great looking chips, but I would never consider buying them solely for that reason.

As a suggestion, what if you took the chip colors and just did evenly sized bars all the way around. Or even made the base color 2-3 times wider than the spot colors. Same colors in the same order as you have now, just not with a wide stretch of the base color between only four edge spots.

You guys do such great work. I just can't imagine many PCF members buying these like this.

You guys don't know me, so you probably don't give a rip about my opinion, but honest feedback here. I think if you're not going to align the edges, you should do something completely different. Because the misaligned edges look ridiculous. It looks like you intended to have aligned edge spots, but you messed up. Otherwise great looking chips, but I would never consider buying them solely for that reason.

As a suggestion, what if you took the chip colors and just did evenly sized bars all the way around. Or even made the base color 2-3 times wider than the spot colors. Same colors in the same order as you have now, just not with a wide stretch of the base color between only four edge spots.

You guys do such great work. I just can't imagine many PCF members buying these like this.
Good suggestions! We always post here with any new designs just as a heads up for anyone who may be interested or know someone who is, fully knowing it may not be for everyone here. The vast majority of our customers do not order aligned edge chips, so we don’t have any stock designs that are aligned by default. Of course it is available as an option, and we also do not charge extra for edge design changes on semi-custom orders (as long as it’s not an issue with an artist’s agreement). :)

Just got my samples last night, as well as many other options. I think these are my favorite overall design and color wise; agree with the alignment though

Attachments

• 20210105_120729.jpg
    20210105_120729.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 499
  • 20210105_120743.jpg
    20210105_120743.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 466
Just ordered my sample set today. I love the look of the set and how much it reminds me of watching WSOP final tables. Can't wait!

Just contacted br pro and it cost an additional 0.20/Chip to have the edges aligned. That’s getting near some Paulson prices per chip... might as well buy some paulsons now

Just contacted br pro and it cost an additional 0.20/Chip to have the edges aligned. That’s getting near some Paulson prices per chip... might as well buy some paulsons now

Just out of curiosity, what are Paulsons going for these days? Clay chips are not something we necessarily keep up on since we don't make them, but I'm definitely interested to know how our prices compare since we are often asked about the difference between ceramics and clay. Might be good to know so we can stay competitive. :)

Just out of curiosity, what are Paulsons going for these days? Clay chips are not something we necessarily keep up on since we don't make them, but I'm definitely interested to know how our prices compare since we are often asked about the difference between ceramics and clay. Might be good to know so we can stay competitive. :)
I believe the prices vary depending on which Paulson set you are looking for. The paulson set I have my eye on will cost just over $700 for 700 chips, not including taxes and shipping. Adding that .20/ Chip premium to align the edges on the king of the river set would come out to 630 plus taxes and shipping. It keeps the prices close enough to each other that I personally might just go with the paulsons in the end. Let me just say I have nothing against your chips at all. I own a 600 Chip set of the Dia de Los Muertos Ceramic chips from you already and love them.

I believe the prices vary depending on which Paulson set you are looking for. The paulson set I have my eye on will cost just over $700 for 700 chips, not including taxes and shipping. Adding that .20/ Chip premium to align the edges on the king of the river set would come out to 630 plus taxes and shipping. It keeps the prices close enough to each other that I personally might just go with the paulsons in the end. Let me just say I have nothing against your chips at all. I own a 600 Chip set of the Dia de Los Muertos Ceramic chips from you already and love them.
Good to know. Appreciate the info!

It is a completely different thing though. I recently ordered a "King of the River" set and I can't wait to get them. Aligned edge spots, custom color options, and custom text options. I will take this customization of a ceramic chip over a beat up paulson chip at a similar price point.

Also I can choose how many I want of each denom and reorder anytime. It can be a pain to chase down Paulson chips from multiple sources. As an "off the shelf" set I think this is a good option.

PS. Colors came out looking weird on this pic on PCF but the proof from them looks great.

Attachments

• King Set.jpg
    King Set.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 305
It is a completely different thing though. I recently ordered a "King of the River" set and I can't wait to get them. Aligned edge spots, custom color options, and custom text options. I will take this customization of a ceramic chip over a beat up paulson chip at a similar price point.

Also I can choose how many I want of each denom and reorder anytime. It can be a pain to chase down Paulson chips from multiple sources. As an "off the shelf" set I think this is a good option.

PS. Colors came out looking weird on this pic on PCF but the proof from them looks great.

If there's one thing I've learned in my almost 7 years working here, it's that everything in the chip world comes down to personal preference. I've seen everything from one end of the spectrum to another when it comes to what kind of chips people like better, what designs, breakdowns, denominations..so much so that I will refuse to give advice on certain things (mainly breakdowns lol) because they vary so widely. I find my self saying "it's up to you" or "it's a matter of your preference" quite often. A lot of people consider clay chips to be the holy grail of poker chips (which I completely understand), and then I've had multiple customers tell me that they prefer plastic 8-stripe chips over ceramics (that one I can't quite get on board with LOL). But you get what I mean! ;) If you came across this forum you'd think that non-aligned ceramic chips were basically a crime, when in reality aligned edge orders probably amount to ~5% of our overall orders. They look absolutely fantastic though, if I didn't know what a pain in the a** they are to make, I'd push for them all day every day. Lol!

nice! i just ordered a sample set as i've never handled any of your ceramics and this is a great tribute design. the purple especially looks like it really pops.

I genuinely believe if they took my suggestion for revising the edges so they didn't look like misaligned edge spots they would have a nice looking standard chip that you wouldn't have to pay extra for aligned edge spots. That would knock $140 off your 700 chip set and make it enough less than Paulsons to make your decision not to buy them a lot harder.

I genuinely believe if they took my suggestion for revising the edges so they didn't look like misaligned edge spots they would have a nice looking standard chip that you wouldn't have to pay extra for aligned edge spots. That would knock $140 off your 700 chip set and make it enough less than Paulsons to make your decision not to buy them a lot harder.
Edges can be changed to anything you'd like at no additional cost if they won't be aligned. ;) It's become one of our best selling sets as-is, so I don't expect us to change the stock design at this point (wouldn't make sense for those who have already purchased samples or full sets), but we never charge for minor edge changes! If you want the stock colors/denoms/text, it would fall under stock pricing even with an edge design change. (there are some sets that we aren't able to change edge designs on due to artist contracts, but this one is all ours). :tup:

Edges can be changed to anything you'd like at no additional cost if they won't be aligned. ;) It's become one of our best selling sets as-is, so I don't expect us to change the stock design at this point (wouldn't make sense for those who have already purchased samples or full sets), but we never charge for minor edge changes! If you want the stock colors/denoms/text, it would fall under stock pricing even with an edge design change. (there are some sets that we aren't able to change edge designs on due to artist contracts, but this one is all ours).
Good to know! Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom