New Member - Sort of... (1 Viewer)

Mortalpawn

Two Pair
Reaction score
Found this forum after a bit of a hiatus. I participated in the old ChipTalk forum back in its heyday (probably 15+ years ago), but my regular poker group fell apart when I moved back around 2010. Finally I did start hosting games again, and eventually ended up back here.

Fortunately I still have my custom ASM/CPC set I bought back in the day, along with a nice set of Paulson Pharaohs. I can't believe how much prices have gone up though! The customs are probably double what I paid and the Pharaohs (many of which I bought < $1/chip and are basically mint) seem to have gone parabolic. Now I wish I had bought more.

I do miss the days of the old Paulson group buys, but may expand my CPC/ASM set a bit in the future if I can raise enough cash as I they appear to be the only game still in town.

I still have a love of real quality clay chips. I have a stack of 10 Pharaohs on my desk I've been shuffling the last 15 years or so. The edges are rounded, and colors are a bit smudged but they still look great!

Found this forum after a bit of a hiatus. I participated in the old ChipTalk forum back in its heyday (probably 15+ years ago), but my regular poker group fell apart when I moved back around 2010. Finally I did start hosting games again, and eventually ended up back here.

Fortunately I still have my custom ASM/CPC set I bought back in the day, along with a nice set of Paulson Pharaohs. I can't believe how much prices have gone up though! The customs are probably double what I paid and the Pharaohs (many of which I bought < $1/chip and are basically mint) seem to have gone parabolic. Now I wish I had bought more.

I do miss the days of the old Paulson group buys, but may expand my CPC/ASM set a bit in the future if I can raise enough cash as I they appear to be the only game still in town.

I still have a love of real quality clay chips. I have a stack of 10 Pharaohs on my desk I've been shuffling the last 15 years or so. The edges are rounded, and colors are a bit smudged but they still look great!

Welcome back. I sure wish I were around back then for Paulson group buys... oh boy, I can't imagine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom