My cash set - secondaries or add-ons? (1 Viewer)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So my personal cash set looks like this:
Kuhans Game All R.JPG

Kuhans Game All.JPG

I'm really very happy with almost everything here other than the $100. I didn't give the hundo as much ruminating time so it didn't turn out as well as the other chips so I would like to improve upon it. I also want to get a few extra fracs and some 1s and 5s so that I can spread 2 tables (currently the set is 100/200/200/200/100). After having seem some custom sets where there are slight alternates I was toying with the idea of doing the same.

Question No 1: What shall I do with the hundo? Some options shown.
1674926804970.png

Question No 2: Should I get different add-ons for my 1s and 5s?
e7ea438a-745a-40b1-948b-ba99d6a031eb.png

Last edited:
Sweet looking set Kuhan. I wouldn't change a thing up to the $25. Agree that the original hundo doesn't fit. But I love the last option with the same spot pattern as your $25. Those edge colors really POP! on the black chip. I think it's perfect. Personally I don't like any of the other options with white in the edge spots. I'm not a big white anything other than main color on $1s, so that's just me. I also like the consistency of all the chips above the frac having their spots arranged in threes.

I also really love E&C. It's an underused mold in my opinion. If you order enough extras, I would love to buy a sample set when it's all done.

You going to Ethan's tonight? If so, see you there.

Nice set :)

Option 3 for the $1 adds a different spot frequency so may be better than the current.

I like the $5 as is.

I was going to suggest swapping the black and blue on the $100 and see what it looks like but chipinlas one looks good.

Nah, the whole existing set is perfect. I think you're overthinking this. Just add on to what you have already

I would keep the same 1's and 5's. I really like the look of the grey 100 with your set!!

Awesome set by the way!!

View attachment 1068290
View attachment 1068291

I'm really very happy with almost everything here other than the $100. I didn't give the hundo as much ruminating time so it didn't turn out as well as the other chips so I would like to improve upon it. I also want to get a few extra fracs and some 1s and 5s so that I can spread 2 tables (currently the set is 100/200/200/200/100). After having seem some custom sets where there are slight alternates I was toying with the idea of doing the same.

View attachment 1068301

View attachment 1068302
Q1) Row 1 option 3 ($100) - Grey is my favorite color!

Q2) I went with the same inserts for the 1, I like it, not sure its worth changing, but I like Option 4 for the 1, and I went with option 4 for my 5, but with your colors I like option 2 on the 5 a little better.

I'm considering a second set, and I'm torn on peach vs tiger for my 5. It so difficult to really hone in on the best inserts!

I wouldn't change the low denominations either. I would go with bottom row, second chip for the hundos. I like the bottom row, last chip but I don't think it is unique enough.

View attachment 1068290
View attachment 1068291

View attachment 1068301

View attachment 1068302

Gray chip #2 imo.

Q1) Row 1 option 3 ($100) - Grey is my favorite color!

This would be my second choice. I like this chip better. The reason it isn't my first choice is because it doesn't enhance the spot progression. If @Darson doesn't give a shit about that, then fuck it :)

I like having secondary chips that can be mixed/matched with the original chips to create multiple set options. But make sure you have enough of the main chips first before adding a secondary.

I made additional options for the $1 and have both a $20/25 chip but added on to my $5’s (600 total) to be able to run 2 tables if needed. A secondary $5 would be great, but I’d need at least 400 of them and that is more money than I want to spend.

When I expanded my tournament set I changed the T100 chip from 314 to tri-moon. Same colors so it is easy to mix them together but still have a different looking chip as well.

DB975506-C74D-4F80-A28F-FE1F7329E879.jpeg

2AC1116B-4ADA-4B61-B975-91EF12CF9C20.jpeg
7B477054-946E-40B1-A089-775D0D2A0A9F.jpeg

Go with secondaries definitely! But as others said make sure your primary set has enough chips to be functional for what you want to do with it.

Not as flashy as some my own personal limited skills label creations grew from a CPC order to a full secondary set on the Cards mold. All chips are denominated however either could play as tourney chips for up to 4 tables. Both are set up to allow for a cash game with the low value and tourney with 25+ value chips or using the other set.
I have used the cards mold for buy in chips on a CPC chip tournament also.
Cards mold allowed for edge spots that were too high a level for CPC and the price allowed for a larger set. The CPC had $10's and the cards mold $20's and 5cents. I probably should have gone with a grey $10 CPC but mostly they have been buy in chips. I tried them once live and we had no dirty stack issues but everyone was given the heads up at the beginning.
UjOdiA7.jpg
20220601_020603(1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. On reflection and looking at pricing etc, I'm thinking of leaving the $1 as is and going to 4 spots on the $5 for the extras.

As for the $100, I'm leaning towards the first choice below despite trying to force myself into the second. The first choice has a different spot pattern to the other chips which makes it fit better than the second which is similar to the $5. I think the pepper will be pink to round it out.

1675108263935.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom