SOLD MSK Plaque Sample (Charity Auction) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 95.5%
63   3   1
They look even more fantastic in person. From GB for Canadian currency plaques.
  1. STARTING BID: $30
  2. Bids must be placed using numbers (no images), in whole dollars, and in minimum increments of $2
  3. NO RESERVE. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
  4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via PM/Conversation.
  5. No bid edits or bid retractions permitted. (note: ALL edits are logged instantly)
  6. Auction will use the '5 minutes after last closing bid rule'. Highest bid at will win unless there is a bid within 5 minutes of closing time - then the closing time will be within 5 minutes after 10:00PM EST on Friday, August 21st 2020 the latest bid was posted. A bid at the close time is NOT a valid bid. Since seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these exampleswill be used as a reference.
  7. I reserve the right to: 1) cancel the auction if no bids have been made; 2) edit the listing to correct errors or clarify rules as needed.
  8. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.
  9. Shipping Terms: please add $5 USD
  10. Payment Terms: PayPal FnF or add 4% only

1597950295308.png
1597950305305.png

1597950863470.png

Charity Auction ends in an hour. Bid is currently with Marhault for the starting bid of $30.
Well crap. Looked back up, and didn't realize that @TheDonkeyKong was the last bid with $32. I have no idea how edits work with auctions now since they aren't logged instantly, as usually @Marhault would have been the last legal bid.

Auction guidelines have not been updated to reflect the change around edits (I think you can now edit in some window and it's not reflected on the site?). Ummmmm....you guys wanna flip for it?

I'm fine with him getting them. I wondered how I was the high bid I just thought he retracted it or something.

I'm fine with him getting them. I wondered how I was the high bid I just thought he retracted it or something.
He bid 31, which is why I posted the rule needing $2 increments. I never looked back up again, since I figured his bid was invalid, but it was edited to meet the $2 increase. Which of course invalidates a bid, *but* with recent changes, it didn't mark it as "edited".

Sorry I didn't mean to cause issue. @Tommy @Payback are we allowing edits in auctions if they aren't logged, or is the rule no edits at all?

He bid 31, which is why I posted the rule needing $2 increments. I never looked back up again, since I figured his bid was invalid, but he got it edited. Which of course invalidates a bid, *but* with recent changes, it didn't mark it as "edited".

Sorry I didn't mean to cause issue. @Tommy @Payback are we allowing edits in auctions if they aren't logged, or is the rule no edits at all?
I'm not fussed either way. Gotta head to bed just let me know how it shakes out.

He bid 31, which is why I posted the rule needing $2 increments. I never looked back up again, since I figured his bid was invalid, but it was edited to meet the $2 increase. Which of course invalidates a bid, *but* with recent changes, it didn't mark it as "edited".

Edits are logged instantly. You only see the last edited by message if the edit takes place more than 5 mins after (forum default, not sure it can be changed) but we can see it in the post history.

No bid edits or bid retractions permitted. (note: ALL edits are logged instantly)

So going by this, this bid is invalid. Posting another bid would have been the solution.

Edits are logged instantly. You only see the last edited by message if the edit takes place more than 5 mins after (forum default, not sure it can be changed) but we can see it in the post history.

So going by this, this bid is invalid. Posting another bid would have been the solution.
Thanks for the response, hadn't seen or run into this before. Congrats @Marhault, all you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom