Cancelled Lucky 21 complete set: 400x $1, 300x $5, 300x $25, 100x $100, and frac add-on option (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey chippers,

Eleven weeks ago I got to experience one of the happiest days of my life: my son was born!

Words fail to describe how amazing it is to have him with us.

Unfortunately, words also fail to describe the difficulty my wife had in her 43 hours of labor; and the even greater difficulty that we have had dealing with our insurance, the hospital admin staff, and all the various intermediaries along the way. They make the labor look like a vacation -- but that's just my take, my wife might disagree.

At any rate, we are staring at some very large numbers on bills right now, and the more time passes the more it looks like we are the ones left holding the bag and will be stuck paying the bulk of them.

Which brings me to this Lucky 21 set. I hate to pass it on, but I think the money will be better spent on things that aren't luxury items right now. The chips themselves are in good condition, I haven't had a chance to clean them, heck I haven't even had a chance to play a game with them. But, honestly, I'm not doing much these days besides keeping a baby alive and trying to not let the rest of my life fall apart in the mean time.

The starting bid is my cost from The Chip Room. In the picture of the barrels, I included a couple of different barrels of chips that could be milled and relabeled for fracs, buyer will have the option to purchase those as well, but they are not included in this auction.

Auction is for:

400x $1 Lucky 21 chips​
300x $5 Lucky 21 chips​
300x $25 Lucky 21 chips​
100x $100 Lucky 21 chips​
Lastly, this isn't a charity auction or anything like that, my wife and I are not in dire straits, or in danger of being there any time soon. I just can't, in good conscience, hang on to an expensive set of chips when the money would be better used elsewhere. Bid on these if you want them, know that we're still going to be okay if they don't sell.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can clarify anything, good luck and happy chipping!
  1. STARTING BID: $1050
  2. Bids must be placed using numbers (no images), in whole dollars, and in minimum increments of $10
  3. NO RESERVE. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
  4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via PM/Conversation.
  5. No bid edits or bid retractions permitted. (note: ALL edits are logged instantly)
  6. Auction will use the '5 minutes after last closing bid rule'. Highest bid at [ 9PM, Chicago Local Time (Central), Sunday, November 24th ] will win unless there is a bid within 5 minutes of closing time - then the closing time will be within 5 minutes after the latest bid was posted. A bid at the close time is NOT a valid bid. Since seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
  7. I reserve the right to: 1) cancel the auction if no bids have been made; 2) edit the listing to correct errors or clarify rules as needed.
  8. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are in no way responsible for any actions in this auction.
  9. Shipping Terms: Buyer Pays Both Shipping and Insurance if Requested
  10. Payment Terms: PayPal w/purchase protection, add 3% to final bid.

IMG_3756.JPG
IMG_4808.JPG

Hey, if your going to be paying any of those bills in full, call ahead and ask for a discount for paying in full. Typically they will knock 20% off without batting an eye. Even if it’s just the remainder after insurance pays. Never hurts to call, and you could save a bunch, especially on the higher ones.

Congratulations on your son! Sorry to hear of the insurance/hospital bill war, it is seemingly unfair how they will treat you over money :unsure:
I hate seeing people be treated this way. Hope it all works out for you somehow. I did some quick research, I'm sure you've covered your bases well enough, but have had some experience with medical bill denial in the past that I managed to be covered for in the end.

• You may think that all of your care was approved, only to receive a surprise bill from the insurance company. Don’t pay it until you get the explanation of benefits to find out why your claim was denied.

• “Sometimes the doctor can resubmit it with a different diagnosis and procedure code, and the charge will be paid,”

• They asked the hospital for an itemized bill and successfully disputed several of the charges, bringing the bill down by nearly $4,000. Disputing errors on the bill is a good strategy for knocking down the cost

• Estimates suggest anywhere between 7% and 49% of paid claims contain a billing error. And hospital bills comprise a huge chunk of what women end up paying for birth.

• request an independent medical review........and have the case reviewed by doctors who are not part of their health plan. “Approximately 60% of enrollees who submit independent medical review requests to the DMHC receive the service or treatment they requested,” says spokesman Rodger Butler. Find your state insurance department at www.naic.org.

Not sure what stance you plan on taking to pursue this, but I hope it can be resolved positively for you and your family.

Best wishes, Brie

Side note: if this is none of my business you can tell me to butt out and I wont be offended

Congrats on the baby!!!!

Put up a good fight like the gentleman above recommends, I have been in that situation before as well. I held my ground and it took a long time, but eventually the hospital knocked my bill down to less than 10% of what they initially billed me for.

I remember being so fearful that they would report it to a credit agency, but I think I learned that it was now very hard for them to ding your credit report.

Look into the rules of that. Because I think they are very limited now, or credit agencies aren’t accepting collections reports from medical billing companies anymore.

I am not an expert, and maybe someone else can chime in... but just look into it, because I remember the fear that I had subsided and then I was truly able to negotiate.

It’s such a screwed up system, the hospitals overbill the insurance companies routinely, the insurance companies deny claims routinely, and they all employ thousands of people to act out this back and forth charade. There are probably more people being paid to push your paperwork back and forth than there were actual medical staff attending to patients.

Good luck bro.

I really appreciate the advice and the kind words, everyone.

We're going to keep putting in the work to get things figured out and hope to have a good resolution, but it's hard not to be pessimistic at this point.

Your words have helped, so thank you,
Casey

Bump, auction ends at 9pm Sunday, which is tomorrow for the next 81 minutes, then it becomes today. At least in my time zone.

When my first daughter was born my wife was was in labor for over 30 hours. The baby was stuck so an emergency C section was done. We found out later that the anesthesiologist was not in our network even though the hospital and our doctor were. Our insurance said they would only pay the out of network amount and anything more would be our responsibility. Which was a few thousand dollars.

Thankfully a friend in the medical billing field helped write a letter stating that since it was an emergency surgery we had no chance to find an in network anesthesiologist, after several reviews insurance paid the bill.

So, don’t just pay the bill. Find out why insurance isn’t covering whatever and push it. Get everything in writing and document who you talk to and when.

Good luck and congrats on the baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom