Looking for particular style of EPT Poker Chips (2 Viewers)

LBLito

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently purchased a set of EPT poker chips (1075 total) from a local seller here in Southern California. The first 3 pictures with the stacked 20 set of chips are the ones I bought. However there is a particular style I'm looking for with the white bordering (the 4th picture). It's just a preference, but it makes the chip look so much nicer and appealing from my point of view.

By the way I did see the ones I liked on this website called articulosdepoker.com, but they were charging some outrageous amount of like 17 Euros per chip. Maybe it was something I was doing wrong on the checkout, but I tried different combinations of chip totals and it basically was the same charge.

Let me know if anybody has any leads on these type of EPT chips.

By the way, for anybody looking for EPT poker cards, I purchased a few from an eBay seller in Italy and they arrived within about 9 days. That's just in case anybody was looking for those.

Attachments

• EPT Chips 1.jpg
    EPT Chips 1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 221
  • EPT Chips 2.jpg
    EPT Chips 2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 203
  • EPT Chips 3.jpg
    EPT Chips 3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 202
  • EPT Chips Style Wanted.jpg
    EPT Chips Style Wanted.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 218
I think the chips in the 4th pic look to be some kind of photoshoped pic. Not an actual photograph of chips. I would guess it is just to give an idea of what the chips look like. Every pic I can find of the EPT chips on the internet are like the ones you have. Alibaba's site has a lot of those chips. I imagine that's where all the other stores order their EPT chips from.

Thank you for the inputs.

Yes, I would want all my chips to match, so I'm seeking an entirely new set. Funny thing is I never even used this EPT set just yet for an actual game. I guess it's like collectible cars. You find the one you like then you move on to the next shiny one.

The 4th picture was snapped from the articulosdepoker.com website. I took the picture from my computer screen.

I found this set that recently popped up on eBay. It would be one that I would bid on but it has denominations that are too low for my liking ($1, $5, and $10). The EPT set I'm looking for would be for a tournament style setup for a $10k - $20k starting stack and would need to run at least 2 tables.

EPT Ebay 1.JPG
EPT Ebay 2.JPG

In my opinion you could find much better sets for that amount of money. They are probably charging at least 4 or 5x too much for those chips. You could pick up a used Paulson set from the classifieds for less than that if you keep your eyes peeled.

Not that those chips are bad, but for that price, it is way too much. I have a 1000 chip set of ceramic Turbos from ThePokerStore.com and they are similar to those but I paid closer to to 230ish for 1000 chips.

Thanks MrBoosh. I agree on the price thing. They were originally like 550 Euros to start and he raised it to 750 Euros. A couple of things: (1) It's a first time seller on eBay with no feedback, (2) Unless these are higher end/real chips the price is just way, way too high. (3) If they are China made you're looking at about $12 per roll at 500 chips = $240.

That Pokerstars dealer button you can get for 15 Euros on the Pokerstars website (UK). I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in. The Fournier cards are about 30 - 35 Euros each shipped. The all-in triangles you can get for about $10-12 each.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for better deals. The seller is obviously trying to get a Ferrari price out of a common SUV. I'd be very surprised if it sold for his asking starting price.

By the way, these are close ups of the EPT chips I bought. Just FYI, the denomination of the chips on the side look fairly cool and I haven't seen this style on any other EPT poker chip posts. I haven't actually done much chip shuffling with them in an actual game, but they do have an appearance like they could easily rub off. Some of the textures of the side chip $ values are slightly lighter than others. I did about 5 or 6 fairly rough rubs on the sides of the orange $10k chips and didn't see much rub off on the side values.

EPT Chips GC.jpg
EPT Chips HC.jpg
EPT Chips IC.jpg
EPT Chips JC.jpg

Hi
I am knew to the forum, it's Wallace from Italy here.

I was considering buying a set of these chips, but I am a little worried they might wear too much over time.
Does any of you people used those China-made-beauties for any (possibily multiple) actual games?

Hi
I am knew to the forum, it's Wallace from Italy here.

I was considering buying a set of these chips, but I am a little worried they might wear too much over time.
Does any of you people used those China-made-beauties for any (possibily multiple) actual games?
Hey Wally from Italy, I'm Frank from Jersey. I have a set of these from China but have only used them for a few games a year. I would 100% expect them to lose a little color and become more slippery with years of work, but we got them much cheaper than the listed price here.

Wear "TOO MUCH" is always in the buyer. Clay definitely ages better, but I love the customization and design on these, and they were much cheaper.

so you wouldn't exactly recommend as a workhorse.
I guess I should'nt buy them for that purpose
Depends. Theyre going to last the rest of my life for my big 30+ tournaments. Might get slippery or lose color but doesnt matter to me, they fill that niche for large, event style games.

I would recommend for my needs! Dont know specifically yours, but cheap and inclusive of lots of people is my jam.

I won't play very often and love the graphics.
I was hoping to create a very 'cool work horse', but I should probably consider if I am going to like the way EPT are going to age.
I guess EPT won't will turn white around the edges. Correct?
Any chance you an abused one to show me?

I have received my test run EPT chips, just 20 pieces. Oh God!
The packaging was awful and some are scratched already. Pretty much all of them were more or less misaligned.
That said, I am not sure I like the fact that they are so thin.

Since you guys said mineral oil don't work with ceramics, I tried silicon spray. So far so good.
Immagine WhatsApp 2023-11-13 ore 19.47.47_2de786cc.jpg

Do not buy from them, they suck. I have no edge misalignment and that smudge is ugly. And don't spray or oil them in any way! Very different than clays.

Yeah, they definitely aren't quality but you get what you pay for. I was speaking towards the white line he was looking for.

Do not buy from them, they suck. I have no edge misalignment and that smudge is ugly. And don't spray or oil them in any way! Very different than clays.
I bought them for testing, but I am going to quit the project.
I will go for something more regular.

PS: What's up with silicone oil? It isn't an aggressive oil, it's making them shine like hell and it's holding up very good.
The difference is oustunning

Hello all,

I recently purchased a set of EPT poker chips (1075 total) from a local seller here in Southern California. The first 3 pictures with the stacked 20 set of chips are the ones I bought. However there is a particular style I'm looking for with the white bordering (the 4th picture). It's just a preference, but it makes the chip look so much nicer and appealing from my point of view.

By the way I did see the ones I liked on this website called articulosdepoker.com, but they were charging some outrageous amount of like 17 Euros per chip. Maybe it was something I was doing wrong on the checkout, but I tried different combinations of chip totals and it basically was the same charge.

Let me know if anybody has any leads on these type of EPT chips.

By the way, for anybody looking for EPT poker cards, I purchased a few from an eBay seller in Italy and they arrived within about 9 days. That's just in case anybody was looking for those.
How do they feel?

I have received my test run EPT chips, just 20 pieces. Oh God!
The packaging was awful and some are scratched already. Pretty much all of them were more or less misaligned.
That said, I am not sure I like the fact that they are so thin.

Since you guys said mineral oil don't work with ceramics, I tried silicon spray. So far so good.View attachment 1224311
Hi there, do you remember which seller those were bought from ?
Thanks !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom