JACK Cincy Fracs (1 Viewer)

GrindstonePoker

Two Pair
Reaction score
Needed a frac for my weekly .25¢/.50¢ game so I tried my hand at a relabel job. I don’t think my regulars have a keen enough eye to catch the fraud lol

Attachments

• 4410FE05-5C07-4221-92ED-AC0E94D0CDF2.jpeg
    4410FE05-5C07-4221-92ED-AC0E94D0CDF2.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 313
I tried to murder one but went with an over label. Much easier and looks better

Attachments

• 96B70E99-2CFA-4DB2-BB39-C794E8A59ADA.jpeg
    96B70E99-2CFA-4DB2-BB39-C794E8A59ADA.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 166
interesting. cant say ive seen anyone try to overlabel and over sized inlay rhc. you could be onto something here.

@jr8719 check this out.
Will agree they look pretty cool, if there's a recess the overlabel should be fine. It looks like there is. If not, they could get a little wobbly from being thicker in the middle

interesting. cant say ive seen anyone try to overlabel and over sized inlay rhc. you could be onto something here.

@jr8719 check this out.
Most of the time it doesn't work because most of the time there is other crap (text, parts of photos, etc) that cannot be covered by the label. The Crystal Parks are about the only chips I know of, that have oversized inlays that might be viable over-label candidates. (You still have the wonky spots-printed-on-the-inlays to deal with, but at least there's no bits of text or other weirdness peeking out.)

+1 for overlabels

This should be more of a thing, overlabels look better than inlay replacements / milling on almost everything

I like over labeling because it keeps the original integrity of the chip. You can always peel off. That is all contingent on if the over label sits below or flush with the chip.
These labels will get me by for now but I’m a tinkerer and will likely experiment on the maimed chip to try and improve

I like over labeling because it keeps the original integrity of the chip. You can always peel off.

You can try to peel off an overlabel, but there are potential problems with that as well. If the overlabel has had a good long time to cure (which should be assumed):

1) Peeling the overlabel off will still leave a sticky epoxy residue on the face of the chip on top of the laminate, and that can still be a real bitch to clean off. This happens 100% of the time.
2) You might pull the protective laminate layer off the original inlay with the overlabel, and you have permanently marred its integrity. This happens a few % of the time.

Use a mild adhesive solvent to remove an overlabel. "Un-du" is one such brand name; it's marketed to scrapbookers as a way to lift, remove, and reposition paper and photos that have been glued in place. I use it to remove stubborn labels off of retail products, and it works great.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect that Un-du will soften and remove the adhesive holding an overlabel in place without dislodging the laminate layer from the inlay, which is held in place by a much stronger bond.

Un-du is heptane. There may be other similar products available; I haven't looked recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom