Hot Dog Roller Pron (3 Viewers)

I think you need 7. 3 standard size dogs per row, so a 7 roller holds 18. I figure an average 2 dog per person budget is a good starting point (only because some people won’t eat any) but always be reloading!

Doesn't the 5 roller hold 4 dogs per row (total of 12)? How hard is it to "reload"? Only takes like 10-15 minutes for a new batch of dogs, right?

Doesn't the 5 roller hold 4 dogs per row (total of 12)? How hard is it to "reload"? Only takes like 10-15 minutes for a new batch of dogs, right?
That’s news to me if it does; I thought they were all the same length.
Yeah that timing is probably right - you need to experiment with your own unit and find the right temps that won’t burn them too quickly.

Average length hot dogs fit 3 per row. Some bun length and longer only 2 per row.

Ahhh...so these would only fit 2 per row (total of 8 dogs on a 5 roller)? That would make sense.

1713212023622.png

That’s news to me if it does; I thought they were all the same length.
Yeah that timing is probably right - you need to experiment with your own unit and find the right temps that won’t burn them too quickly.

Sorry, I should have said 4 per column, 3 per row = total of 12.

I just bought the first one, a 5 roller (see my post above). Used it twice, works fine. Haven't put on the sneeze guards yet and I might not do that. Takes a little time to clean so I like only have to clean 5 roller rather than 7 or 9.
So how long does it take to cook them to an internal temp of 160* when cranked up all the way? I've got some brats on for the first time - seems like it's taking a long time.

I don't have the glass on yet - I'll assemble that when it reaches it's forever home. I assume that's making it take longer since it's not retaining heat like it normally would.

Once they're up to temperature, what should I turn it down to to maintain temp?

Turning it on high will likely make it very hard to clean as the juices will burn onto the rollers. Just find a temp that keeps them hot and just use that all time.

So how long does it take to cook them to an internal temp of 160* when cranked up all the way? I've got some brats on for the first time - seems like it's taking a long time.

I don't have the glass on yet - I'll assemble that when it reaches it's forever home. I assume that's making it take longer since it's not retaining heat like it normally would.

I like to set mine to 200-225 (after they are cooked)…Unless you want the scalding meat juices to explode in your mouth.

These temps will prevent shriveling from over-cooking.

All the way up is 250 on this and it takes my ball park dogs 12 mins to be done. I haven't tried brats, but imagine that might be double time to cook. I don't stick a thermometer in, just eyeball it and touch it. They are plenty hot. Yeah, the glass may reduce the cooking time.

We have eaten them up pretty fast and when done, I turn it down to 50-100.

If you're going to do brats, you might want to precook them and put on the foil (Hanson brothers style), then heat them up real quick later.

Last edited:
All the way up is 250 on this and it takes my ball park dogs 12 mins to be done. I haven't tried brats, but imagine that might be double time to cook.
I cranked it up all the way and preheated it... and used a probe thermometer to check the surface temp of the rollers. I was pleasantly surprised that the unit fully preheated in about 8 mins, and the rollers were reasonably consistent in temp except for the far edges.

We have eaten them up pretty fast and when done, I turn it down to 50-100.
It took about 15 mins before the brats were around 200* internal temp. The ends were still cool though (110*F), since they didn't make solid contact with the roller surfaces. So I microwaved them for a minute before serving. The glass panels will probably help with that.

After they were up to temp, I turned both burners down to 75*C and that held them at 160*F consistently for the rest of the time the machine was on.

All in all a successful first run - although it's worth pointing out the fam still prefers them grilled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom