Cash Game Hosting dealers choice mixed games for the first time! Need advice. (2 Viewers)

If you try it, let us know how it goes! In fact, let us know how things go in any case. :)

What is drawmaha?
It's a 5 card draw/5 card Omaha split pot game. Standard drawmaha you can draw 0 to 5 cards after the flop, draw2maha you can only draw up to 2 (0 to 2) cards after the flop.
You're trying to make your best 5 card mit hand and the best Omaha hand using 2 of your 5 cards plus the community cards to scoop the pot. Often times you only get half the pot though.

For example I was dealt 3 aces and 2 rags in my mit hand, I stuck around in the hand for the draw and drew 2 kings for a nut boat in hand.
I split the pot with another person who had made a straight on the board with 2 of their hole cards

20211016_134813.jpg

I absolutely love mixed games and would beg an invite if I didn't live 1,200 miles away.
A few things I would note, I heavily recommend playing as many games as possible as limit games, it keeps players from getting crushed too badly when the completely over value a marginal hand which will happen often unless your players are always seeing dragons in the closet.
I think I saw the omaha/hold'em split game called SOHE? Around here we call the same game Texaha, it might be easier to remember.
And another drawmaha variant is playing the hole cards as a 2-7 hand with the board still being a high hand. Also to prevent possible reshuffles as much as possible I have always seen drawmaha played with a max draw of 3 cards.
For a single draw game w/o wilds try 2-7 NL, it really should have an ante (BB ante works) and open limping isn't allowed, you must open for at least a min raise. It is considered by many to be the best feel/playing the player type game out there for poker, and Phil Helmuth just won a bracelet in it so hopefully it becomes more popular.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom