Help saving this case (1 Viewer)

Retiarius

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently acquired this case (and all its treasures inside, true reason for the purchase). It is a heavy, super nice lacquered wooden box; its brass component are excellent in finish as well. I am impressed with this case...
HOWEVER
It shamefully holds only 100 chips and 2 card decks (and the ubiquitous slot for 5 dice). As it is, it is useseless for me. I would really like to keep it for my future custom high end set, we´re talking at least 300 playable chips, no need for cards. If stored horizontally, the surface of the interior allows 200 max chips, however, thanks to the "ceiling" being high, when stored vertically it can fit a full stack of 20 (see 3rd pic)! Now, if stored vertically in stacks, the surface would allow to arrange 4 x 4 stacks, for a total of 320 chips, and that is exactly what I need.
Now the big question: how to makeover the interior to accommodate this new storing? Has anyone experience with this? Are there any "custom" made interior for cases?
So to be clear, the current interior is the typical hollow plastic covered with felt, it should not take much to rip it apart to make room.
Can this be done?

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 136
I guess replace the current interior with wooden or 3D-printed block(s) that have vertical holes for 20 chips? Measure twice, cut once. :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom