Help requested on setting sale value of Horseshoe Cincinati set (1 Viewer)

dinkydonuts

Sitting Out
Reaction score
5 years ago I joined this forum to buy a set of Horseshoe Cincy primaries when they had just come out. The expectation at the time was that I would use them to actually play poker with friends, but that never ended up happening.

I washed and dried all the chips, and they just sat around in a chip case. Never got around to oiling them.

I think the set I bought was called the "cash tournament set" or something along those lines. It consists of:

$1 - qty 200
$5 - qty 200
$25 - qty 80
$100 - qty 20

If I were to sell this set locally on FB or CL, any idea of what would be a reasonable asking price?

Thanks.

True answer is, a regular person won't appreciate them. You'll have much better luck and fortune selling them in classifieds. My hometown's CL and FB are both flooded with dice chips lol, and then there's people like us that comb for buried treasure.

That being said, I'm not sure about the price, do you have pics? Either from then or now?

True answer is, a regular person won't appreciate them. You'll have much better luck and fortune selling them in classifieds. My hometown's CL and FB are both flooded with dice chips lol, and then there's people like us that comb for buried treasure.

That being said, I'm not sure about the price, do you have pics? Either from then or now?

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• hcin.jpg
    hcin.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 81
Check eBay. Barrels of HS Cincy are listed from $50 to $90, to $180. Don't know what they get and of course you'd have to go through the hassle of becoming a seller, but I've seen and communicated with some sellers that have gotten $3 or $4 per chip.

My nearest big city (Atlanta) has no Paulsons on CL.

Check eBay. Barrels of HS Cincy are listed from $50 to $90, to $180. Don't know what they get and of course you'd have to go through the hassle of becoming a seller, but I've seen and communicated with some sellers that have gotten $3 or $4 per chip.

My nearest big city (Atlanta) has no Paulsons on CL.
The denominations and primary/secondary do matter. Also these links might still have inventory left.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/presidents’-day-weekend-sale.51696/

Probably around $1/chip is my guess. Maybe less depending on condition.
Yup
@dinkydonuts there are a bunch of factors that determine what chips will sell for here. But broadly speaking, the market is down right now, and for whatever reasons these specific chips have never been particularly popular. As of today they might be the rare Paulsons that are worth less than you paid.

If you’re looking for opinions with numbers, personally I think you’d do well to get $400 for that set today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom