Greetings from the frigid coldness of Norway (1 Viewer)

Myrholt

Sitting Out
Reaction score
About time i introduced myself to all the fellow chip nerds.
40 year old poker fan from Trondheim Norway.
I lost my mother in october of 2020, and in the aftermath of that me and my brother made matching signet rings with loads of symbolic connections to the family. Thinking about getting a custom poker set made with some of those elements set in the chips. That thought is what primarily brought me to this forum when I was snooping around for ideas for the poker set.

I have been a fan of poker since the early 2000`s. Always loved psychology and learning about non verbal communication, poker is a great way to see theory and practice. And strangely enough I have had this fascination for the structural side of the game also. Ever since my first chip set I have been working on the perfect structure for me and my games. And I have had an unhealthy obsession with the chips themselves.
There has never been any problem finding good looking chips, at least on the chip face, but i have a tendency to be dissapointed with the edges/sides of stacks.
So far I have been through about a dozen sets of every kind of material.
Still delutionally hoping to one day find a Paulson Le Noir set:wtf:

So looking forward to snooping around some more here, and learning more from all heads infinitely wiser than me to help perfect my home game.

Unhealthy obsession with chips, you say... Well, I feel you'll find yourself at home here!
Velkommen! :)

Welcome, this is unhealthy (chip) obsession heaven.

A 20 page topic about the laminate texture on specific inlays is business as usual over here
You'll fit right in :)

Le noirs are not impossible...just don't get sidetracked buget wise and be able to strike when opportunity knocks.

Well texture is as important as everything else.
I like the weight and potential colours of ceramics. I have a ceramic set I like the look of, but the illusjon kind of fades when they are handled.
That being said I also dont like the stund of ceramics Are there sound pages as well?

Thank you to all for the warm welcome.
In the time since first posted here I have been reading about murdering and relabeling. Some peoples attention to detail can only be commended. I realize I have very little to contribute about anything at this time, but looking very much forward to learning as I discover older posts. It would seem like everything I have ever wondered about is answered here in great detail.

Got a feeling this forum will end up costing me quite a bit if i stick around...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom