Cash Game Game/Breakdown that uses 1s and 2s (1 Viewer)

You can do what ever you want in a home game, but no Card room anywhere is using a $2 chip in a 4/8 limit game. They will all use a $1 chip for that game. 6/12 limit and 8/16 limit use $2 chips
This is just false. You can say “most” and I’m sure you’d be right. But this room used their $2s for $2/4 limit and $4/8 limit. This was a 2/4 PLO8 game. Notice the ones in my stack for small blinds?
176140C9-F67C-4A97-B1A8-FC03E0B121BE.jpeg

in a $6/12 game using $2’s, is the small blind $2 or $4? Or do they have some $1’s on the table to make it $3?
Usually would be $4. Jen Harman discusses this extensively in the limit holdem section of Super System 2. The small blind is typically 2/3 chips in this situation as mentioned, which is strategically an auto call/raise in an unaised pot. As mentioned, this is makes the game looser and typically "more fun." A good example of this are the pink chip snapper games of 7.50/15, an old Atlantic City favorite.

When I played 6/12 the sb was $3. Players without ones would post two chips and the dealer would break one to return change to the small blind if he folds.

I would guess the rationale is it's not a big deal to the dealer because they still rake to the nearest dollar so breaking twos into singles is pretty common anyway.

On the other hand when they spread 15/30 with fives, they do let the SB stay at 10. I presume because unless they make change to 7.50 it's going to be imperfect anyway. Also they do not use 50 cent chips in the rake, and besides that game would almost always generate max rake. (I believe the rake was 1 for every 30 up to 4 when that game was active.)
15/30 limit should be played with either snappers or no-denom chips worth $2.50 or $7.50 each. :)

So my cash game is typically a 1/2 NLHE game. Do you think it would work to play that with both $1s and $2s?
Try it, I tried it once and it was cool and it’s not a big deal to count stacks. It is fairly easy, it’s not something I’d do again because I’m going a different route but it definitely worked.

Attachments

• 32B75510-4798-47A6-9CE2-C2B5F039D175.jpeg
    32B75510-4798-47A6-9CE2-C2B5F039D175.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 57
Try it, I tried it once and it was cool and it’s not a big deal to count stacks. It is fairly easy, it’s not something I’d do again because I’m going a different route but it definitely worked.
What kind of breakdown did you use?

My local cardroom uses $1 and $2 chips for the 1/2NL games, and it drives me crazy. I suspect they do it to reduce frequency of refills.
In a home game, $1s and $5s please, no $2s.

My local cardroom uses $1 and $2 chips for the 1/2NL games, and it drives me crazy. I suspect they do it to reduce frequency of refills.
In a home game, $1s and $5s please, no $2s.
I was about to say that if you use $1s and $2s for a NL game, you look like you’ve never played real poker before. It’s good to get a reminder that in the real world, lots of things happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom