Flattening Warped Kems (1 Viewer)

AH77

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I haven’t really found any definitive remedies or major success stories using simple techniques.

I picked up a Binions Horseshoe Kem setup recently and 2 of the cards were warped. 1 being a Joker which I don’t care about and 1 being an Ace which is a bummer. It’s not the typical bowing that most Kems have but it’s bent out of shape along the edge.

I know high heat will tend to shrink the card but I was thinking about maybe using a heating pad on low for a few minutes then compressing the card flat with some added weight on top of it. Any other ideas that may work?

BADABAA7-0AC4-4B88-9567-566003001FF6.jpeg

Place it between two flat steel plates, and park your car tire on top of it in the driveway. One sunny afternoon should do the trick.

Put the setup aside as a the interestign historical artifact that it is and get cards that aren't so picky about their storage conditons, current or wherever they were kept before you got them.

Put the setup aside as a the interestign historical artifact that it is and get cards that aren't so picky about their storage conditons, current or wherever they were kept before you got them.
Lol yeah these are mostly just being used as collectibles anyway but being that it’s only one card, I’d like to try and figure something out to salvage it.

I know this has been discussed before but I haven’t really found any definitive remedies or major success stories using simple techniques.

I picked up a Binions Horseshoe Kem setup recently and 2 of the cards were warped. 1 being a Joker which I don’t care about and 1 being an Ace which is a bummer. It’s not the typical bowing that most Kems have but it’s bent out of shape along the edge.

I know high heat will tend to shrink the card but I was thinking about maybe using a heating pad on low for a few minutes then compressing the card flat with some added weight on top of it. Any other ideas that may work?

View attachment 1099266
You’re doing the lords work and I appreciate the effort. Please keep us updated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom