Giveaway Chip Shots 2024: PGA Championship (1 Viewer)

TheLemursReturn

3 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
1000024336.jpg

TLDR: Choose 4 random golfers here. No golf knowledge required. It will ask for your name for our leaderboard. Post that name in this thread so we know who is who. I'll put one chip per entrant into the prize pool. Winner takes all.

Read our Masters thread for some background and scoring details. The PGA Championship starts Thursday, May 16 and entry will close early that morning.

When you're entering, you'll also see a checkbox to enter your picks into their main pool. This is NOT required for this giveaway. But there's probably no reason to leave the box unchecked. It's free and that pool has cash prizes. @JDPoker won $10 last month.

The Prizes

I'll put one chip per entry into the prize pool. The pot is pictured above. I'll add more chips as people enter. Maybe we'll get up to a full rack of chips. I'll raid my two-year-old daughter's chippie bank if I have to. (She gets chips when she behaves.)

Last time we paid top two. This time, I'm just gonna do winner-takes-all so I only have to pay for one shipment. Shipping is covered to the US. International chippers can enter, but will have to pay actual shipping less $5 if they win.

In addition, anyone who beats me (I'm Daniel on the leaderboard) can have free shipping ($15 max savings) the next time they buy anything from me. Max one credit per person for the season.

The Final Table (Playoffs)

There are four major golf tournaments each season. The winner of each one will automatically receive one of 10 seats at our final table. The remaining seats will be awarded to those at the top of our season leaderboard.

Those 10 playoff competitors will choose golfers and compete during 3 more golf tournaments to determine our champion. I'll share more details about this playoff process when the time comes.

Thank you for considering this. Please ENTER HERE and don't forget to post your leaderboard name below.

VIEW OUR LIVE PGA LEADERBOARD HERE

Entrants
  1. @b_2 (B 2)
  2. @brewdawg (Brett)
  3. @HighPlainsDrifter (Trevor)
  4. @jbriod (John)
  5. @JDPoker (JDGolf)
  6. @krafticus (Mark)
  7. @libbylord (Joshua)
  8. @Mandos (Joe)
  9. @Phoe9x (Alexander)
  10. @Pinesol13 (Pine)
  11. @RocAFella1 (Chris)
  12. @shadowler (Sherman)
  13. @soccerdadof3 (Soccerdad)
  14. @TheLemursReturn (Daniel)
  15. @Tony_M (Tony)
  16. @tooth_doc (Charlie)
  17. @TX_Golf_N_Poker (David)

Attachments

• 1000023922.jpg
    1000023922.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
How long has this (other similar comps) been going on, and how did I miss it?

I will be taking a closer look at this, and I assume I'll want in. Just too swamped at the moment to do it right now.

Edit: Is there an entry fee?

How long has this (other similar comps) been going on, and how did I miss it?

I will be taking a closer look at this, and I assume I'll want in. Just too swamped at the moment to do it right now.

Edit: Is there an entry fee?

We've only done the Masters so far, a month ago, here. You can edit your entry after submitting, if you want to get something random in now, just to be safe.

We've only done the Masters so far, a month ago, here. You can edit your entry after submitting, if you want to get something random in now, just to be safe.
Sounds good. I am looking it over. I don't see the scoring system. I assume each place is worth points and we are trying to get four players who will all place high? Or are we just hoping to get the winner correct?

Sounds good. I am looking it over. I don't see the scoring system. I assume each place is worth points and we are trying to get four players who will all place high? Or are we just hoping to get the winner correct?

On each hole, you'll get the best score from among your chosen golfers. If all four of your guys score a par on hole 7, you get a par on hole 7. If three get a par and one gets a birdie, you get a birdie (the better score). If two bogey and two par, you par.

After the first two days, many golfers will get cut (only the best golfers advance). If any of your golfers get cut, you do not replace them. You continue with fewer golfers.

You can review our Masters leaderboard here as an example.

OK wait. I can see everyone's picks. Shouldn't that be secret until the competition starts? I will say, I'm probably going to make a couple of changes before I lock it down, but now I guess I will wait until the last minute.

By the way, I'm David on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
OK wait. I can see everyone's picks. Shouldn't that be secret until the competition starts? I will say, I'm probably going to make a couple of changes before I lock it down, but now I guess I will wait until the last minute.

By the way, I'm David on the scoreboard.

If you're worried, you just gotta submit terrible picks, let everyone copy you, then fix at last minute.

If you're worried, you just gotta submit terrible picks, let everyone copy you, then fix at last minute.
Yeah, I downloaded the spreadsheet and I'm crunching numbers. I'll definitely be tweaking my lineup. It just seems weird as I've never seen a fantasy competition where you saw your opponents selections prior to everyone being locked in.

I see you haven't put your picks in yet... ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom