DPR Tourney - Order Sent - Proof Pic (1 Viewer)

PlaidDragon

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: 30AUG18 - Major change. See pic and response at post 7 for final update.

Hello PCF denizens.

In early September I plan on ordering a semi-custom set from ABC. These are ceramic chips (not hybrids).

The chips are based on ABC's "World Poker Series" tribute chips. The appearance and spots (not colors and text) will be the same as the 1k and 100k chips in the pic below:

abc.png

ABC allowed me to customize the colors, and text to my liking and I've decided on to go forward with the chips below:

<<Mockup moved to post 7>>

Please excuse the crudity of the mockup. I'm not savvy with the latest graphic design tools.

I have a official ABC mock of the 500 though the colors are out of date. Also, ignore the chip on the right. I initially considered using that chip as the basis for the whole set.

Proof500.png

They should provide a full set proof after I've paid. Once I have that I'll add it here.

The edge spots will be aligned.

EDIT: In addition, ABC has stated they WILL provide me a single sample set of the chips in advance of the full production run.

I'll get these so I can avoid any "OMG why did I pick that color" issues.

For the finished product, my price point with ABC is 85¢/per given my order will be just over 1000 chips.

Thus, you may pick from three different sample options:

Standard Tourney (25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000) - $8
Super High Roller (500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 25000, 100000) - $9
All 8 chips - $10.50

These prices include U.S. shipping of $3.50. Shipping outside the U.S. will be more.

See post #7 for latest sample info.

Chips will be shrink wrapped and sent in bubble envelopes. USPS tracking is included.

If you'd like a sample please reply here with the sample option you want.

Full Sample (10 chips)

@Outkicked - PAID
@Steamtrain - PAID

SHR Sample (7 chips)

Standard Sample (6 chips)

PM's will be sent out with PP info closer to the order date.

Last edited:
Current iteration of colors.

88_stripe_c.png

Again, please excuse the crude mockup. The ABC proof will look a lot better.

The color text as will be submitted with the pic to ABC:

25 - dark aqua / light gray / sea green
100 - charcoal / ochre / bright cyan
500 - neon lavender / medium blue / violet
1000 - yellow / navy / grey
5000 - chocolate / crimson / ochre
10K - navy / dark aqua / neon lavender
25K - carnation / pink / tan
100K - almond / coffee / dark blue

Last edited:
Edited final colors in response #3 above 20AUG18 - Changes made to the 25 and 10K.

Order goes out September 7th. I think I should be able to go between now (the 20th) and then without further changes.

On the off chance anyone else is wanting a sample, plz post here before then.

Last edited:
For cost reasons I've eliminated the 25, 100, and 10k from the set. Other life experiences like unexpected major auto repair expenses take precedence.

Thus, I'm only ordering the minimum required to run the SHR tourney up to twenty seats with re-buys and add-ons. I've added the 250k and the ReBuy chip given they'll be very low quantities compared to those that I'm now excluding.

See pic below for the chips that will be in the set.

8_8_stripe_omega_1.png

My quantity will dip about 300 chips below ABC's thousand chip price break and change from 85¢ to 95¢. If anyone is interested in a 300'ish chip set of these (including the 25 & 100 from the pic in post #3) please pm me and we can work something out and save 10¢ a chip.

New sample price is $10 shipped for the seven chips in this post.

Also, if anyone previously wanting a sample no longer is interested, please let me know.

Order is still on target to go out 07SEP18. I'll pm payment info starting 01SEP18.

Last edited:
Alright. The ambiguity ends now.

Through the miracles of eBay I've secured the funds to get the order back close to where I originally intended it.

The pic below represents the FINAL colors / denoms / text that will be submitted to ABC for the SEP 7th order. The only potential for change after this, if any, will come after ABC prints and sends the actual physical sample to me after payment.

8_8_stripe_omega_1.png

The color text as will be submitted with the pic to ABC:

25 - dark aqua / sea green / light gray
100 - charcoal / ochre / bright cyan
500 - neon lavender / medium blue / violet
1000 - yellow / goldenrod / black
5000 - crimson / almond / pink
25K - navy / dark aqua / sea grean
100K - almond / coffee / dark blue
250K - neon blue / violet / amber
1M - white / blue / red
RB - black / light gray

Edge spots will be aligned.

I included the million as a novelty. I won't get but a few of them. It'll never hit our tables for real but will always have entertainment value. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sample options:

Standard Tourney (25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 25000) - $8.50
Super High Roller (500, 1000, 5000, 25000, 100000, 250000, 1,000,000) - $9.50
All 10 chips - $12

These prices include U.S. shipping of $3.50. Shipping outside the U.S. will be more.

Payment will be via PP F&F. If any are not comfortable with F&F, buyer must pay fees.

Chips will be shrink wrapped and sent in bubble envelopes. USPS tracking is included.

If you want a sample you need to contact me with the sample type you'd like and pay by midnight 07SEP18 CST US. PM's have been sent to those already interested.

ABC informs me that production will take 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
Sample orders closed. ABC order is in!

Will post their proof here once I have it as well as pics of the physical sample they'll be sending.

ABC shipped the prototypes today. WOO!

Pics here once I get them.

Regarding the 250K: I'm thinking this is a bad denom for the set.

Every other chip will color up evenly into the next one above it. The 100k can't obviously.

For our big tourneys we'll run either 300k starting stacks with no rebuys or 150k starting stacks with a single rebuy. The one I'm organizing for November is the latter. Thus, there generally ends up being 4-6m total chip value in play, depending on the number of players, which makes any chip above the 100k denom pretty much unnecessary.

The single barrel of 250's are only in the order given I don't need more of the lesser denoms and had to get to the ABC quantity price break. Still, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be useful.

Thus, I'm thinking that instead of 250K's I'll get a single barrel of:

Single200K.png

That way if any small number get on the table there won't be any issues making change with any other denoms.

Prototypes in!

I’m liking the green 25k a lot as well as the brown.

The camera doesn't quite catch how vibrant the colors are, unfortunately.
I.E. the dark spots on the green 25K are noticeably brown in person, but in the pic they come across as black.

5CD8249E-BD16-49BE-8BE8-D32CF7A94DDA.jpeg

Close ups of the 25K variants.

53548AA6-4640-40FA-8096-06450C27243D.jpeg

No edges printed on prototypes.

46432DDE-F8D7-4562-832E-20749E5FB6EE.jpeg

I'm leaning with the green 25K given it looks good with the common chips it will be in play with. For the rest I'm pretty much good with everything as-is.

That brown chip turned out good though IMHO. Maybe use it for the 5K or 1M?

The 250K will definitely be 200K in the real production run.

Last edited:
I’m thinking this might be a problem.

B8CD65F9-7E23-48D5-8501-6C2E59611C2E.jpeg

Very close in hue. Perhaps too close.

The brown 25k might be a better option. Either that or darken the green slightly.

For the 25K I moved the hue a bit more into the green spectrum as well as brightened it up a bit. That should help avoid any dirty stack issues with the 1K.

The pic also shows the denom change to 200K as well as the final colors of the 1M and Rebuy chip.

I'll likely place the full order today.

Delta1.png

And... the order is in. Here's the proof from ABC

Dietz_ABCProof39mm.jpg

ABC says they should be done in 2-3 weeks. Woo!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom