Dia de los Muertos CPC 600 set, need help! (1 Viewer)

Basti

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So I am planning to buy 500-600 of the Dia de los Muertos semi-custom chips and was wondering what chips you guys would recommend for me to buy. I usually play in a smaller group of around 6 people but would love the idea of owning a set for up to 10 players. I'm from Germany and importing them is fairly expensive, but I love how they look. I also bought the samples today.

My idea was the following:
150xT5 red
150xT25 green
120xT100 black
60xT500 purple
60xT1000 yellow
60xT5000 orange

That way I could play 10$ cash games (5$ = 5cent) with 15xT5/13xT25/6xT100 and be flexible up to T20000
Would you increase/decrease one amount of chips? And would you create T0.05 / T0.10 / T0.25 / T1 chips?
I love the idea of tiny cash games and big numbers with a buy-in to win in the top 3

My favorite chips are the red, black and orange one, but I want to stick to the usual colors which is why I want to go from at least T5 red to T5000 orange.
Or would you adjust the colors aswell? :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    614.7 KB · Views: 465
Welcome to PCF!

I think those are available as 'semi-custom' meaning you can change some of the text, you may be able to setup the denoms as you wish.

I know that price can be an issue, but I would work towards having separate sets for cash and tournaments. Of course, you can make it work, but it just brings in extra areas for mixups to happen. And if I were to be buying a set for your game, I would buy based on a T20K tournament with blinds starting at 25/50. There are plenty of threads that give great breakdowns for that. You would need 25/100/500/1K/5K chips.

So I am planning to buy 500-600 of the Dia de los Muertos semi-custom chips and was wondering what chips you guys would recommend for me to buy. I usually play in a smaller group of around 6 people but would love the idea of owning a set for up to 10 players. I'm from Germany and importing them is fairly expensive, but I love how they look. I also bought the samples today.

My idea was the following:
150xT5 red
150xT25 green
120xT100 black
60xT500 purple
60xT1000 yellow
60xT5000 orange

That way I could play 10$ cash games (5$ = 5cent) with 15xT5/13xT25/6xT100 and be flexible up to T20000
Would you increase/decrease one amount of chips? And would you create T0.05 / T0.10 / T0.25 / T1 chips?
I love the idea of tiny cash games and big numbers with a buy-in to win in the top 3

My favorite chips are the red, black and orange one, but I want to stick to the usual colors which is why I want to go from at least T5 red to T5000 orange.
Or would you adjust the colors aswell? :)

Do not miss out of this group buy for 2 Amazing dealer buttons and some similarly amazing rebuy buttons to go with your future set.

As for the chip value since they are semi custom have the "$" dollar signs removed....so the chip would be " 5 " instead of $5 for example then the chip could be whatever value you want....Euro's, Yuan, Bitcoins.....etc... (You will not find a better deal on these my best advice is to buy at least 1-2 of each dealer buttons and 10 rebuy buttons which could also be used for bounties or the actual bounty buttons. Act fast to put in your order as the order closes boxing day and then then everyone pays up and the order gets processed. I have ordered several chips before in the organizers group buys and things have always run perfectly and the chips are top notce.
dealer button group buy

1640189624397.png

1640189636545.png

1640189651169.png

1640189748717.png

I know that price can be an issue, but I would work towards having separate sets for cash and tournaments. Of course, you can make it work, but it just brings in extra areas for mixups to happen. And if I were to be buying a set for your game, I would buy based on a T20K tournament with blinds starting at 25/50. There are plenty of threads that give great breakdowns for that. You would need 25/100/500/1K/5K chips.
How many 25/100/500/1K/5K would you pick for a T20k for 10 players in a 500 chip case? And do you know of a good way to include some red chips? (and maybe 10 bounty chips)

in a 500 chip case?
Why 500? I see this a lot with newer members. There is a forum for cases, with lots of information.

The costly aspect of buying the chips isn't the chip count right? Its the shipping?

How many 25/100/500/1K/5K would you pick for a T20k for 10 players in a 500 chip case? And do you know of a good way to include some red chips? (and maybe 10 bounty chips)
Here is a quick and dirty minimum you would need to run the game. I would round these numbers up on your order in case you have rebuys, lost chips, etc....but this will get you in a good spot. Add on as you would like. The beauty of these chips is you can buy per chip, so get whatever you like.
T20K.PNG

Why 500? I see this a lot with newer members. There is a forum for cases, with lots of information.

The costly aspect of buying the chips isn't the chip count right? Its the shipping?
because they fit in a standard case :D

@grebe @Machine @philhut @ekricket Which color would you use for the 1000$ and 5000$?
I really like the looks of the orange design, but want to stick to a standard color for each chip.
I was planning to go with red T5, green T25, black T100, purple T500 and I'm unsure with the others...
either yellow T1000 and orange T5000 or orange T1000 and maybe pink T5000? or blue/white? or plaques? help :(

@grebe @Machine @philhut @ekricket Which color would you use for the 1000$ and 5000$?
I really like the looks of the orange design, but want to stick to a standard color for each chip.
I was planning to go with red T5, green T25, black T100, purple T500 and I'm unsure with the others...
either yellow T1000 and orange T5000 or orange T1000 and maybe pink T5000? or blue/white? or plaques? help :(
Plaques are pricey, but they’re awesome!
F3DBC922-87AC-4491-87CC-0576DFE0EA17.jpeg

If you are going to use your set for .5c/.10c or $5/10 as well as tournaments I would suggest having at least two or 2 barrels of $1000's.

It really all depends on the game your looking to host. I like a T5000 sit and go using 25/100/500/1000 or if using 5's for a deeper stack tourney that could include antes
5-20 or 5-10
25-20 25-10
100-9 100-7
500-5 500-4
1000-1 1000-2

Or a rebuy game you may want entirely different structures in mind. If you want tournaments to be 10k+ in value you will need 5k chips. consider ordering different than the pictured above orange 1k beside the yellow 5k which could blend in certain lights(bottom right). a greater contrast may be had with a pink chip as
unbenannt-png.833623
is pictured on the first NCV (top left).

As for plaques to each their own...I own some for my horse shoe set for 1ks and 5ks. chips really are a rabbit hole

Get cash denominated chips that you can use for both types of games if this will be the only set you use.

Easier to play tournaments with chips that have cents and dollar signs (or whatever your local currency uses) on them than playing cash with tournament chips IMO

I am a fan of the classic colors, especially for a tournament, but after 500, it really doesnt matter too much as long as they are easily distinguished. If I were to do it custom, I would do yellow 1K and a grey or white 5K

I am a fan of the classic colors, especially for a tournament, but after 500, it really doesnt matter too much as long as they are easily distinguished. If I were to do it custom, I would do yellow 1K and a grey or white 5K
When the amount of chips on the table is maximum 400k for a max of ~10 players, how many 25k plaques would you buy? I could color up everything with the 5k chips, but I think it would be fun to have a few plaques, because they are fancy. I was thinking about 6 to 12 of them. Is there a good rule of thumb for the max amount of the highest denomination you want to have on the table? I think having 2 plaques per player in the top 3 for example seems reasonable (150k out of 400k), but coloring up 3/4 to the max is probably way too much.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
When the amount of chips on the table is maximum 400k for a max of ~10 players, how many 25k plaques would you buy? I could color up everything with the 5k chips, but I think it would be fun to have a few plaques, because they are fancy. I was thinking about 6 to 12 of them. Is there a good rule of thumb for the max amount of the highest denomination you want to have on the table? I think having 2 plaques per player in the top 3 for example seems reasonable (150k out of 400k), but coloring up 3/4 to the max is probably way too much.
wrong guy to ask, I am not a fan of plaques. I much prefer just having chips.

wrong guy to ask, I am not a fan of plaques. I much prefer just having chips.
I never played with plaques actually and I know that alot of people actually dislike plaques. Assuming the plaque would be a 10k or 25k chip, how many would you buy for a color up of a total of 400k worth of chips? Does 100k - 150k sound reasonable? And would you prefer fewer 25k chips or a few more 10k chips? Or do you prefer having more chips and no color up at the end maybe? :D

Plaques take up a crapload of room (compared to chips), and you will only have them in play late in the game...which I guess is good. If you really want to play with plaques, get them....but I would just buy another barrel or two of the 5K chips and know my game will run smooth. When It comes down to it, it's all about the game for me. In a 20K single table tournament, you just really won't need 25K's though.

Here is what I would do if I were buying this set and wanted to keep it to 600 chips....all based on the spreadsheet that I posted earlier:
150 T25
150 T100
100 T500
100 T1000
80 T5K
20 bounty

I have been considering options for my HSI set that has 40-1k and 20-5k plaques....I would like to expand to 80-1k and 6-25k to allow for colour up and play with plaques towards the end. I may only need 2-25k plaques but want 6 to cover for boardgame use.
As for how many plaques will you need? decide how many denims you want on the table during heads up play....then ensure your top chips cover the value of all chips not planned on the table. so if your total bank is 400k and you plan to have just 5k and 25k on the table then ensure the 25k' have enough value to cover all chips of 1k and below. Then order 1-2 more as spares for future loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom