Design help - Football themed set for College student (1 Viewer)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So I want to design a custom ceramic set for my kid who is currently off to college. He got into poker before he left, and I'd like to get him a starter set for Christmas this year to start hosing games with his friends. He's a football player and he's in the Air Force - so I was thinking a themed set towards his football career, but I am stuck with filling in the denominations.

I figured I'd do the Air Force Falcons for the $1 chip as it is blue and white.
1657162181718.png

1657162222457.png

And the $5 chip is easy as his HS colors are Red, Black and Grey
1657162290989.png

1657162306119.png

1657162346064.png

The $.25 I figured I could do purple for his Junior High team the Chargers:
1657162440188.png

The hundo - I would do black using his 7vs7 team Grind logo (weak, but it's all they have)
1657162635163.png

But I am at a loss on what to do with the $20 or $25 chip.

If you were me - what thoughts would you have? I can't make up a team, and i feel anything else would be out of place with the set I am trying to accomplish.

So what say you PCF? Help a brother out.

Maybe broaden it beyond just team colors to give yourself more options? Green, white, yellow, representing turf, hashmarks, field goal pole? Favorite pro team color (if its not the cowboys since you have blue already)?

Maybe broaden it beyond just team colors to give yourself more options? Green, white, yellow, representing turf, hashmarks, field goal pole? Favorite pro team color (if its not the cowboys since you have blue already)?
Pro team would be the Saints.

Also a huge fan of LSU - so that could work with the $20.

But I like the generic idea - a turf $25 could work.

Air Force could be a blue label on a black chip for $100 and the Junior High chip would be white with purple. This way it goes in order too.
Or ? $0.25> JH $1 Purple chips with white> HS $5 Red >AF $25 white chips with blue > Cowboys $100 black. Maybe frac is not needed. He'll need to make that jump at some point or the frac could be something football generic like shoulder pads or a field goal.

Could do a Cali set, but with red $5.
Blue AF$1, Red HS$5, Purple JH$25, NFL (Cowboys?) White $100

Last edited:
I might consider leveraging the colors paired with a single unifying inlay that doesn’t tie to each team. Something that will hold true over the years, even if his love for the USAF or AFA fades…

The inlay could still connect with your son in some way.

(Speaking as someone who went to another military academy.)

25¢ Purple JH
$1 Blue/white USAF
$5 Red/black/gray HS
$20/25 Yellow/green or Green/Yellow

You could also probably skip the $100 for now- cadets and LTs don’t always have a ton of disposable cash. :)

Maybe, with a vintage feel-

1657194834112.png

If tied to those logos I would skip the hundred and just make a black $20.

But, as @warma said I would try to make a single unifying inlay. The colors still have a lot of personal meaning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom