Status
Not open for further replies.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Bought these to add to the CVB $1s I have, I've decided there's some other things coming up that I'd rather focus on. These chips are drilled but only in the centers. I've spoken with Gear who says they can be milled and labeled over with no issues. I was going to fill the holes in, but I've also been told that isn't necessary, if labels are applied correctly the hole will likely be unnoticeable. Your results may vary as they are not milled, so I have not labeled any to test.
The hole sizes vary with each chip.
They are cleaned and oiled, but could use a barrel oil. I freshly oiled a barrel for comparison. I do not have a color sample, the chips are red, the edgespots are dark green and light gray.

452 x $5
Chips are in used condition but overall good shape, not bike tires, do have fleabites throughout all the racks.
440 are ready to be someone's next great success. The extra 12 are either warped, have some damage to the faces from drilling, or have large fleabites. I sorted through them all, 4 times. I pulled the 12 as "sample chips"

Asking $750 shipped.

20220221_183909.jpg
20220221_182050.jpg
20220221_181959.jpg
20220221_181950.jpg
20220221_182223.jpg

20220223_214532.jpg

Last edited:
Fyi, I’ve tried applying Gear labels to drilled chips.

At first, it looks fine. Over time, however, a bubble forms under the label where the hole is, which looks raised compared with the rest of the label.

I used plain unlaminated Gear labels.

I think, therefore, to successfully label these you would need to first fill in the holes.

Fyi, I’ve tried applying Gear labels to drilled chips.

At first, it looks fine. Over time, however, a bubble forms under the label where the hole is, which looks raised compared with the rest of the label.

I used plain unlaminated Gear labels.

I think, therefore, to successfully label these you would need to first fill in the holes.
I would imagine you would have to use a laminated/textured label for a better finished affect

Also updated the OP with a picture of the 4 racks after being barrel oiled and wiped dry for comparison.

Awesome chips! Christmas colors.

Apply one label, place just enough modeling clay to fill the hole, apply the other label. It is not perfect, but works better than leaving the hole.

Awesome chips! Christmas colors.

Apply one label, place just enough modeling clay to fill the hole, apply the other label. It is not perfect, but works better than leaving the hole.
Wouldn't you want to put the clay in first and let it harden, in case there are rough edges or bumps you would want to sand down smooth before applying labels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom