COTS V @ The Jack Shack - Save the Date - March 28th, 29th and 30th 2024 (6 Viewers)

Many, many thanks.

First thanks to @Josh Kifer for putting this together. Great job (but we'll leave that at 'garage level' success). He also made sure that everyone felt welcome, helped with introductions for those of us that were new, and more. There was a lot of work that went into this and with the last-minute changes and all with the venue, I'm sure there were a lot of frustrations we were unaware of - but it all came together.

It was great to meet PCF members in person, and put faces to names.

As a casual player, I appreciated the patience everyone had with me, when I would question for the 5th (....15th....) time what friken' game we were playing, and how many friken' cards in my hand I was supposed to be playing! Lol...

I quickly realized to stay away from the cash tables that @DirtyTIVA , @Gorbash , and others were playing at :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
(my pockets ain't THAT deep!)

Many thanks to those that brought stuff to share, whether it was the Canadian Cheesy Poofs or quality alcohol or mixes or coffee....or whatever - I don't know that I could have asked for more - we had plenty of food, snacks and drinks. And I also want to make sure to send another thanks to @CraigT78 for ordering food for the group! Nice!

Enjoyed meeting all the 'locals', if I was closer I'd be doing your Monday meet-ups on occasion.

I know there will be someone I will have forgotten to toss a special 'thank you' to, and I apologize - but I'd hang with all of you again!

Oh, and @Josh Kifer - be sure to toss "B" a thank-you from me as well, she was kind and gracious and I don't know how she deals with your B.S. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I feel thankful to have made it to the final table each day, given some of the skills I saw in play.

@natumes - was gonna check out your Wendover chips more.....but forgot there at the end

You know, the only thing that really shocked me, was pulling back the sheet to use the 'restroom', and seeing @Josh Kifer in there ahead of me. Not that that's a big deal - but he was sitting.......and there was no #2 action going on o_O

Is that one of @turbospl311 ’s games? I see @natumes . Did @Gorbash get into this one?
I believe he does play there. We got the hook up through one of Josh's locals that I don't think you met. Turned out to be a good game! They did a hand of PLO8 once an orbit too so @CraigT78 wasn't completely bored. Who needs sleep when you can poker?

I believe he does play there. We got the hook up through one of Josh's locals that I don't think you met. Turned out to be a good game! They did a hand of PLO8 once an orbit too so @CraigT78 wasn't completely bored. Who needs sleep when you can poker?
Turns out that I need sleep. I'm fooking tired.

I quickly realized to stay away from the cash tables that @DirtyTIVA , @Gorbash , and others were playing at :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
(my pockets ain't THAT deep!)

Why do I get first billing here? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: @Gorbash ‘s shuffle barrels were each worth more than any single buy in at any table all 3 days!

1711906043591.gif

I decided to crash COTS V on a whim 6 months ago. I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you all. Except @Josh Kifer but that was my expectation going in. Sorry I wasn't as experienced a player as @RocAFella1 last year.

It was great to meet @Gear and @Wifey in person. Seeing your special order work in person makes me wish I had chips worthy of such treatment. Judging by your white hoodie Chris maybe you’re thinking of Vegas this November?

@Gorbash you’re a legend bro. Remind me never to sports bet against you. I remain jealous I didn’t think of the no pants thing this trip. You better win those Aruba’s with my money!

@Pony your single bottle creations are next level. You could probably really do something with that if you ever wanted to. Get some fancy bottles and sell them here in NorCal…

@turbospl311 You. Me. Lewis Hamilton. Vegas 2025. Enjoy retirement!

@CraigT78 You're a generous guy even when it's not your own meet up. I respect that a lot. We should meet up in Vegas sometime for a good time. You can buy more than just a shirt with my money there...

@natumes pronounced "Nate-ums" you look amazing. Keep up the great work in life and keep taking other peoples' money!

@Schmendr1ck we didn't get to chat too much outside of you showing me the nuts every showdown. It sounds like you have a lot of MTG cards from back when I used to collect. I like remembering those days when life was simpler and I had most Legends and a red/black flying direct dmg Taiga deck. I'm afraid if I start buying fun singles from back then it will be the start of a new problem (Mirror Universe, Ring of Ma'Ruf). I actually don't know what I did with all my cards. They could be in a box in a drawer at my parents' house in Maryland.

@joker80 it was fun playing on your right every game! Maybe I'll see you again at Mauler this June?

@Josh Kifer again. Thanks for the hospitality. I'm going to send you something leaded in appreciation, but if you come to WAB3 next month you can save me that hassle!

OK time to see Godzilla x Kong with my kids. Sorry to anyone I ran out of time to tag... like @BigLumber smh

A huge massive thank you for everyone who attended and helped make this little meetup work.

@Gear and @Wifey , @DirtyTIVA , @natumes , @Gorbash , @joker80 , @Pony , @BigLumber , @turbospl311 , @Schmendr1ck , @CraigT78 , @Astra

Each year we find a new way to make it work and have a great time.

"COTS 6 - Get Smashed, not Mashed" will be setup soon... And not on Easter weekend....

You know without a local WAB4 to partially sponsor next year maybe I can partially sponsor COTS VI.

I’ll be whiskey sponsor… so long as it’s not Easter weekend.

You're doing it wrong....

Yeah, I understand it was Easter weekend. I invited a priest friend over to COTS - he came over Friday about 3:45pm, he enjoyed some of the whiskey, hung out for a bit, and said he wished he could have stayed and played! 110% true! He works at St. Alphonsus - couldn't make this up if I tried. He's one of my good buds from high school. I drove back home to Oregon on Saturday night after the main event, and just finished an Easter thing with the fam about 10 minutes ago. Easter weekend is totally doable, With it being Friday and all, my priest bud didn't eat, though. But the strangest part - @Josh Kifer didn't burst into flames while he was there ;)

(....a priest walks into COTS, looks around, and says "dang, this looks like fun!"...)

Awesome weekend for sure! Yes DirtyTIVA, One of the places I play. Nick (Local guy I play cards with alot) came to the tournament Saturday and then Took Nate and Craig there about 2 am. I think they ended 6ish or so.

It was great to see those repeats and to meet all the new ones. Hope to see ya'll again next year!

Don (the quiet guy sitting in the corner) "TurboSPL311"

You're doing it wrong....

Yeah, I understand it was Easter weekend. I invited a priest friend over to COTS - he came over Friday about 3:45pm, he enjoyed some of the whiskey, hung out for a bit, and said he wished he could have stayed and played! 110% true! He works at St. Alphonsus - couldn't make this up if I tried. He's one of my good buds from high school. I drove back home to Oregon on Saturday night after the main event, and just finished an Easter thing with the fam about 10 minutes ago. Easter weekend is totally doable, With it being Friday and all, my priest bud didn't eat, though. But the strangest part - @Josh Kifer didn't burst into flames while he was there ;)

(....a priest walks into COTS, looks around, and says "dang, this looks like fun!"...)
I caught on fire tho....

I got put out tho...

Work was a slog for me too. Turns out two 12 hour days of poker followed by an 18 hour day of poker, sleeping for 5 hours, then driving 5 hours home to get wine drunk at Easter dinner takes a toll on the body. Who knew!

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I don't understand?? What is this "Work" you speak of? Some kind of foreign language? LOL

I just watched Youtube Poker videos all day!

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::eek::eek:

Yours in Jest, Don
I sure hope you don't have a work thing come up in September!! Would hate it if you had to skip because of a TPS report missing a cover page or something!

@Schmendr1ck we didn't get to chat too much outside of you showing me the nuts every showdown. It sounds like you have a lot of MTG cards from back when I used to collect. I like remembering those days when life was simpler and I had most Legends and a red/black flying direct dmg Taiga deck. I'm afraid if I start buying fun singles from back then it will be the start of a new problem (Mirror Universe, Ring of Ma'Ruf). I actually don't know what I did with all my cards. They could be in a box in a drawer at my parents' house in Maryland.
PXL_20240403_035257464.jpg

If you ever decide to buy singles again, I got a guy. ;)

Here's hoping we'll have more time to chat at the next one. It was a real pleasure meeting you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom