Chips Missing From my Shuffle Stack and Card Collection - Can You Help? (1 Viewer)

djfayze

Flush
Reaction score
CE6510DF-FB96-4C0A-A2CD-FC25EAD0FCCA.jpeg

Some people collect singles, some people collect dealer buttons, but I’ve chosen to collect shuffle stacks and cards. Specifically, my goal is to have a shuffle stack from every manufacturer and of every mold and material that I can. I’m also trying to get a 2 deck setup of 100% plastic cards from every company that I can (bridge or poker size doesn’t matter, I like both). There are a few I’ve yet to add to the collection, so if you have 10 spare chips of any of the below types (they can be new, used, dirty, clean) or a setup of cards on my list send me a message so I can continue on this journey!

Shuffle stacks I’m missing:
-Paulson Suits Mold
-43mm IHC Paulsons
-Greek key (not sure which manufacturers made these)
-T-mold
-Web mold
-TR King Large Crown
-RT Plastics
-CPS
-BCC (any mold)
-Nintendo (long shot I know)

Cards I’m missing:
-Grimaud
-Trefl
-Gemaco
-Dal Negro
-Angel

Last edited:
I've got a 6-chip stack of solid brown 43mm..not sure what the going rate for 43mm is these days though

IMG_2288.jpg

Specifically, my goal is to have a shuffle stack from every manufacturer and of every mold and material that I can.
An outstanding goal! I'm on a rather similar quest myself. :)

I wrote this up last year:

There's some careful unpacking to be done regarding greek keys:
  • Large Greek Keys were clay chips made by Burt Co and sold by BC Wills.
  • Small Greek Keys were also clay chips made by Burt Co and sold by BC Wills.
  • Medium Greek Keys were made by multiple vendors from multiple materials and in multiple slightly different styles:
    • BCC made clay chips (compression-molded) using a mold owned by Joshua Dalton
    • PGI (Palm Gaming) made china clays (injection-molded) using a medium greek key pattern which was different from the BCC clays. There were a couple of different spot patterns made: 4d14 (four positions, each position with two 1/4" spots) and 8v (eight positions, each position a v-shaped spot). With injection molding, different spot patterns require different molds, although different colors don't.
    • Progen-80 chips were china clays made using a medium greek key pattern which was different from the BCC or PGI chips, using materials that were different from and inferior to the PGI chips. They used the same 4d14 spot pattern and color selection that the PGI 4d14 chips used (which, in turn, are modeled after a well-known spot and color set used by Paulson for some of their fantasy chips).
The samples you have are yet a fourth line of medium greek keys. They have the same key pattern as the Progen-80s, although it's a different mold because the line weights are slightly different. They use a 4d14 spot pattern, but the colors are different from the Progen-80 / PGI / Paulson fantasy colors. I've seen these before but for the life of me I can't find any posts about them again. I'm not certain whether they're china clays or slugged plastics, nor who makes them. The difference would be their weight; china clays will be 8-10g and slugged plastics will be 11-15g.

... and then later in that same thread:

Found 'em!

https://chipsandgames.com/products/custom-full-color-poker-chips-tri-color-design

They're sold by Chips and Games, which has in the past imported and sold some nice low-end plastics and china clays, specifically the Spirit Mold china clays and the Sixteen-Stripe plastics (you can search PCF to learn more about those, although they're both now completely out of stock and therefore hard to purchase).

These weigh 11.5 grams, which means they're metal-slugged.

Hope that helps!

I've got 10 Nintendo Chips for you. I may have some BCC sun molds as well. I'll have to check. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Edit: Those brown chips look familiar ;). Forgot I sent those to you earlier this year.

luckyderby5.jpg

Last edited:
I have a unique one for you - I forgot I had these. It’s called Aztec pyramid mold. I’ve seen people say (or at least speculate) that these are clay - I really can’t tell, I suppose if I had to guess, I’d guess plastic, just because of the “swirling” in the material and the stamps are different from hot stamps. The stack of 10 is 83 grams. I dunno. They’re unique shufflers.

46557D38-731F-4C5B-B23B-99152E56441B.png

D409D558-F80B-4AC0-9CC5-5B18E2FDE008.jpeg

BBAE1B4B-0B04-42A5-A3F9-D79E19D6C3C4.jpeg

I have a unique one for you - I forgot I had these. It’s called Aztec pyramid mold. I’ve seen people say (or at least speculate) that these are clay - I really can’t tell, I suppose if I had to guess, I’d guess plastic, just because of the “swirling” in the material and the stamps are different from hot stamps. The stack of 10 is 83 grams. I dunno. They’re unique shufflers.

View attachment 847454

View attachment 847455

View attachment 847457
Those are wild! Would love to find some for the collection someday.

I've got 10 Nintendo Chips for you. I may have some BCC sun molds as well. I'll have to check. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Edit: Those brown chips look familiar ;). Forgot I sent those to you earlier this year.
Oh my, yes, I remember you did! I need to find some of their other molds now.

Definitely plastic. Definitely not compression-molded clay. The artwork is screen-printed, which is uncommon.

Also, definitely cool. I have a few myself.

View attachment 847005

Some people collect singles, some people collect dealer buttons, but I’ve chosen to collect shuffle stacks and cards. Specifically, my goal is to have a shuffle stack from every manufacturer and of every mold and material that I can. I’m also trying to get a 2 deck setup of 100% plastic cards from every company that I can (bridge or poker size doesn’t matter, I like both). There are a few I’ve yet to add to the collection, so if you have 10 spare chips of any of the below types (they can be new, used, dirty, clean) or a setup of cards on my list send me a message so I can continue on this journey!

Shuffle stacks I’m missing:
-43mm Paulsons
-RT Plastics
-CPS
-BCC (any mold)
-T-mold
-Nintendo (long shot I know)

Cards I’m missing:
-Angel
-Trefl
-Gemaco
-Dal Negro
can you list what you have also? I see some BGs but there are like 3 different weights that you can get. what bud jones do you have?

View attachment 847454

View attachment 847455

View attachment 847457
I've got some of these as well. I think we talked about them back in the day. Definitely an odd ball.

View attachment 847454

View attachment 847455

View attachment 847457
I believe those are RT Plastics (can someone else confirm).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom