Came across forum when searching to expand my chip collection (1 Viewer)

geimerman

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have had a set of paulson chips for the last 10-15 years which I have now learned are CDI 05 (I think) thanks to this forum. Didn't realize how hard they were going to be to find more of them as the home game has expanded beyond the set of 500 chips (especially the lower chip denominations). It's fun to see how much passion and collection there is around paulson chips. Looking forward to reading and learning more.

This is exactly how I started off 2 years ago.

1694145156088.jpeg

I may have gone slightly deeper down the rabbit hole since…

Welcome.

Here's a picture of my set

@DirtyTIVA impressive. I've only got a fraction of that, with 557 chips. Will have to keep my eyes open to find more so my stack can compare one day.

Attachments

• IMG_9641.jpg
    IMG_9641.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 67
Here's a picture of my set

@DirtyTIVA impressive. I've only got a fraction of that, with 557 chips. Will have to keep my eyes open to find more so my stack can compare one day.

Funny thing is I don’t own any of them anymore.

1694209109967.jpeg

I upgraded to a set of the 98s this time last year… but don’t own these anymore either.

My set count went from 1 to a peak of 15 down to 12-13 currently all thanks to PCF. Huzzah.

Is there anywhere in the forums that gives you a summary of what price per chip is for different sets? Trying to track down what has been closed for CDI05 in the last year and hard to find a summary. Even if not specific to a set, what chips tend to cost the most (e.g. francs, $1, $100 are higher cost and xyz are lower) across all sets.

Thanks

I started with 500 CDI 05s as well. Ended up selling them and explored a lot of other chip sets. Rabbit hole is deep.

Is there anywhere in the forums that gives you a summary of what price per chip is for different sets?
Not really a summary available, prices fluctuate. Best bet is to look at recent sales (on here, eBay sellers are out of their minds), or ask about specific chips and you will get honest assessments.

what chips tend to cost the most (e.g. francs, $1, $100 are higher cost and xyz are lower) across all sets.

Generally, fracs and high denoms will cost more due to scarcity. Also the case with $5s, since half the forum ”need” 6+ racks in each of their sets.

That's helpful, do big sets end up creating more of a volume discount or premium since you're able to get a lot all at once and don't have to piece stuff together?

That's helpful, do big sets end up creating more of a volume discount or premium since you're able to get a lot all at once and don't have to piece stuff together?
Depends. Really sought after sets that are hard to assemble will see a premium price per set rather than a discount.

More regular stuff will generally cost more per rack/barrel though. Mostly reflecting the extra hassle of shipping multiple packages and dealing with multiple buyers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom