Cash Game Building a quick and dirty micro cash set (2 Viewers)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I have built my tourney set of Outlaw chips and want to build a quick and dirty micro cash set (5/10). Since I already have 300 $1 and 100 $50 which are not used for the tourney set, I want to use them in the cash set instead of them sitting on the shelf. I know the general preference is to have different chip sets for cash/tourney but this is just an experiment - if it works, then I'll get a dedicated cash set.

The stock labels are just paper stickers so it's relatively easy to replace with home made labels without breaking the bank. Here's my idea:

- Relabel the blue $50 to 5c (100 chips)
- Buy some stock 25c
- Relabel the orange $10,000 to $5 (I don't want to use the red $5 from the tourney set)
- Buy some light blue $10 and relabel to $20

Here's a pic of my idea:
Picture1.jpg

Probably 6 players max, 5/10c blinds, $10 buy-in

So my questions are:
- What do you think of the colours?
- How many 25c chips should I buy? I'm thinking 200
- Will 25x $5 be enough if I have 25x $20?

The chips are $3.50 for 25 so getting another 250 will only cost me $35 +shipping. I think a pretty cheap way to experiment.

[Edit: oops, the original pic said I would relabel the ones rather than keep as is]

Last edited:
A 20$ chip in 0.05/0.10 Game is worth 200 BB's.
1. Are you ever gonna play that deep?
2. Will it ever see a bet?

I would skip the 20$-chip if you will definitly not play higher limits.

Plus: With only 25 5's a 20 makes even less sense. How will you break the chip in play? Skip that one, buy more 5's.

I would skip the 20$-chip if you will definitly not play higher limits.
You're right - the only reason I included the $20 was for fun! With so many $1s, I don't think the $5s would even see the table - I don't think my pals would play that deep at all (well except one who had delusions of grandeur).

I couldn't resist so I placed an order.

200 x 25c
50 x $10
25 x orange ($10,000)
25 x silver (50c)

I think realistically, all I will need are the 25c chips - the rest are for fun. Also, I tried taking the labels off the $50 blue chips and they came off nicely but I think it's going to be a real PITA to make labels as they are about 7/8" in diameter. I know everyone loves Gear labels but I just do see the sense in putting 30c of labels on 14c chips. I bought a 7/8" punch from eBay.

Looking at these outlaw chips close-up and comparing them to my selection of samples, I think they are by far the best value for money chip I have seen. The quality control is excellent, no flash, bumps or notches. The labels fit perfectly into the recess with no gap and they are some kind of plastic film (not paper as I initially thought). The only negative is that they are a touch on the heavy side being metal slugged.

I would have suggested dumping the $5 and the $20 while going for a $10 chip. That is only going to be a store of value chip anyway - a trophy of sorts. But it is exactly one buy-in, so handy if the game gets deep.

You don't need or want $0.50 chips. 10X this if you are playing split pot games.

Your work horse chip is the quarter. The dollars are for big bets. The nickels are blinds / antes. The $10 chip is rarely if ever in play - only if needed. Three levels of chips for a normal game, a fourth level just in case.

DrStrange

This is what my micro cash set will look like. Limited relabeling but sadly devoid of bright colours. So far 650 chips for $86 (no idea what the labels will end up being).

Outlaw Cash 2.jpg

Well I guess @Gear is about $30 for 200 labels. For this small a quantity that's probably the best choice. Maybe you get a discount for being 7/8 instead of 1 inch :p?

If you click on the "Free River Club" link in my signature I lay out some of the perils of home printing. Even with a good printer hitting perforated sheets is difficult.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom