Browns-Ravens monday night.... (1 Viewer)

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
I rewatched the game from Monday night. Upon second viewing, that was absolutely the game of the year so far, and one of the best games in my recent memory. Back and forth scoring, multiple comebacks. Lamar Jackson's Willis Reed like return from taking a huge dump. Its going to stay on my DVR for a while.

There have been other nuts games this year. Kyler Murrays hail mary comes to mind.

It was one of those great moments where my Twitter feed looked like this and I knew I was missing something special lol.

63A451CD-BC12-4000-8BD1-EF6FAF0E942D.jpeg

It was a great game to watch, but greatest in NFL history might be a stretch. The defense for both teams in the 4th quarter was atrocious.

But I did love the back and forth scoring and the last minute long field goal. The safety at the end that screwed the betting line was brutal though for gamblers. :)

I posted on this game the other day... it was fun to watch, very similar to a Dallas/Denver game a few years ago that was over 100 points and unfortunately someone had to loose!

That loss is 100% on the Browns coaching staff period!! Absolutely terrible clock management at the end and even that is an understatement! Absolutely no excuse to give them.the ball back with over a minute and a time out!!

They were all jumping up and down celebrating the drive and TD... ask Brie I was shaking my head saying you stupid idiots!! You just lost! Zero chance they don't get into field goal range for Tucker with that much time and your inability to stop the Ravens offense!

Again it was fun to watch. But wow what a freaking screw up!!

Ohh and "cramping" then return 30 minutes later totally fine. Sorry but Lamar shit his pants and they forgot to take spares... he was waiting on the spin cycle... when the 4th string went down he threw those wet britches back on.... cover his ass crack with a towel to hide the stain and went out there and lit it up!!

Excellent defense tactic if you ask me! Nobody wants to take the dude in shitty pants! Lmao

Last edited:
That loss is 100% on the Browns coaching staff period!! Absolutely terrible clock management at the end and even that is an understatement! Absolutely no excuse to give them.the ball back with over a minute and a time out!!

They were all jumping up and down celebrating the drive and TD... ask Brie I was shaking my head saying you stupid idiots!! You just lost! Zero chance they don't get into field goal range for Tucker with that much time and your inability to stop the Ravens offense!
I agree in that I was pretty sure they would lose on a Tucker walk-off at that point but I’m not really sure what the really could have done differently. Cant run the clock down while still on their own side of the field (the sideline passes), not when a draw is likely netting 10 years a pop. On the touchdown Hunt HAS to try getting in... no team is sliding down at the five to run clock when down by seven ;)

My own personal history is, I grew up a massive Browns fan and stayed that way until eight years ago when I hit my own personal wall and gave up. I don’t dislike them, I just don’t care (and now find humor in their mishaps instead of stressing over them). I don’t have “a team”, I now just enjoy football and cheer for my Fantasy players and whatever I’m currently betting on.

I’d like to become a fan again someday if they start looking like a real team (one-off years won’t get me there). I don’t see it as being a fair weather fan... after giving them my fandom for almost 40 years of my life I see it as them needing to win me back.

My personal prediction to family on Thanksgiving weekend was that come the last five weeks of the season they would beat the Titans to skyrocket their fans hopes, then lose to Baltimore, lose to the Giants, lose to the winless Jets and wrap up the season by losing to Pittsburgh’s second stringers (they were undefeated at the time) to miss the playoffs entirely. I’m not hoping for that to happen, but I DO enjoy being right ;):D

Us Colts fans thank the Browns for helping our playoff picture. Now just need another loss more than us to seal the deal.

Edit: it was a fun game to watch.

I'm glad @Ben8257 and I weren't the only ones to assume this was the case

You most definitely were not. When the sideline reporter (can't remember her name) broke in to tell us Lamar ran back to the locker room I said to my wife and buddies "and there you have a man taking a sh*! being reported to the nation".... ;)

In all seriousness though, if that is what happened, how does that happen? I can't really ever think of a situation where it just hit me like that out of nowhere and not even the adrenaline of an NFL game could keep it at bay. Lol I feel like my planning had always been better than that.

Us Colts fans thank the Browns for helping our playoff picture. Now just need another loss more than us to seal the deal.

Edit: it was a fun game to watch.
The Browns losing actually hurt your playoff chances. Had the Browns won you would be two games up on both the Raiders and the Ravens... in other words, if the Browns had won you guys could lose one of your last three games and still make it regardless of anything else that happens.

You guys lose the tiebreaker against all three of the teams you need to worry about (Browns (H2H), Ravens (H2H), and Dolphins (conference record), so with the Browns losing you are now in danger of missing the playoffs if you lose any one of your remaining games.

NFL games where more than 60-70 points are scored are not what I consider great games.

Both sides scoring at will just means neither has a competent defense. Good defense is a pleasure to watch. A game with virtually nothing but offense is to my eyes as much a bad game as one with very little no scoring.

It’s just that we’ve been trained by ESPN and other sports media to only value scoring. Sure, a highlight reel sack, INT, or forced fumble will get some love... But not a stifling but undramatic defense.

/contrariantake

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom