Blind timer app. (1 Viewer)

haslettworm

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Have been using "Blinds Are Up" free app for our home game. The latest update appears to have removed the option of varying the length of blinds during a tournament. The custom blind schedule shows the varying blind times; however, the timer has all blinds the same length. Any suggestions for resolving the problem or for alternative apps?

I use it, and it seems to work for me. What does it say on the level length indicator?

Screenshot_20181114-220411.png

On mine, it shows that they vary (18, 15, 12, ... Mins). If it just says level, tap it and make sure that "Use level lengths from current blinds schedule" is checked at the top.

Screenshot_20181114-220637.png

Also, under the fast-forward button, make sure it is set to "Start of level". If it's set to "Level", it does not change the time left in the level when you advance or move back.

Thanks for your response. Everything looks good on the blind schedule. The "use schedule" box is checked. When I go to the timer and toggle through the blind levels, all the blinds are the same length. It appears to use the blind length most recently imputed on the blind schedule. This issue just began after the most recent update to the app. Have an inquiry into the app website but so far no response.

When I go to the timer and toggle through the blind levels, all the blinds are the same length. It appears to use the blind length most recently imputed on the blind schedule. This issue just began after the most recent update to the app. Have an inquiry into the app website but so far no response.

Ok. I had that as well. When skipping levels, make sure it is set to "Start of Level" under the skip button (first picture in my previous post). If it says "Level", tap it to change it.

If it just says "Level", it keeps the same time as the level you were originally in. E.g.. If you are in an 18 minute level and there are 17 minutes left, pressing the >> button will advance to the next level and keep the time at 17 minutes left, even if the next level is 15 minutes total. I suspect that may uncheck "use level lengths from current blind schedule" automatically in that situation.

UPDATE! Believe my problem is thinking that toggling through the blind levels on the timer would show the time of the displayed blind level. This is not the case. Sorry for my confusion. I believe I am "good to go." Now if I could only make the alarm on the timer loud enough to be heard over the conversations of the tournament participants. LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom