Best way to have a second TV show same content as the first? (2 Viewers)

MrCatPants

Full House
Reaction score
Contemplating installing a second TV on the opposite side of my poker room. Has anyone done a set up where the second screen simply mirrors the first? What devices/wiring/etc. would be necessary/best? Done some searching online but don't really see a consensus for when it's both television and laptop casting during tournaments that may need to be mirrored.

I would setup a twitch or you tube account and just stream the content, but Chrome cast is also a good choice

I would setup a twitch or you tube account and just stream the content, but Chrome cast is also a good choice
I've got a chrome cast on TV #1 today for the laptop streaming during tournaments. I should clarify that there is a third TV in another room that gets streamed to by the laptop as well when I'm running multi table events - handle that through chromecast today.

Can chromecast devices do the same thing for cable TV if I've got a sports game etc. on do you know? Can one smart TV cast to another chromecast at decent quality?

If its a laptop it should just be a setting in your display preferences to mirror the display rather than extend it.

For TV signal if it's an HDMI source you could likely use a HDMI splitter to duplicate the signal.. was reading quickly here, but fair warning I only skimmed it. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hdmi-splitter-multiple-displays/
The only issue here is I'd have to run a wire across the room somehow, which ideally I don't want to do, or would have to hire someone fish it through the walls.

I have all my stuff wired, but before I did that I used a wireless windows display dongle. Not sure if you can cast to Chromecast and mirror your PC display with the dongle. Might be worth checking out.

Ultimately, wiring HDMI to all your displays and using splitters is the ideal solution. I have all 4 of mine coming to the same spot so I can mix and match what I display where. I also have 4 individual fire sticks so I can put something different on all TVs.

I've mirrored my PC screen to my Chromecast using Chrome. Works but the casting can occasionally drop. A wired solution with an HDMI splitter works best. I've also used HDMI over ethernet adapters, and it works well. Uses a smaller cable and allows for a longer cable run as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom