Audio Speakers and such (PSB Imagine T3) (1 Viewer)

softchewy

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has owned / listened to the PSB Imagine T3s and wanted to know your thoughts.
I own some PSB outdoor speakers (CS1000) and like them.
I am picking up a pair of the T3s along with a C3 center but haven't heard them in person.
I normally wouldn't do that, but hadn't found a place to audition them yet and came across a deal I didn't think I could pass up.

Here is the website for the PSB Imagine line.
http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/imagine

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
The setup will be used for Home Theater, but just as much for 2 channel listening of music.
I listen to basically everything... Rock, Classical, Jazz, Blues, Rap, Dance.. etc, etc.

My setup will be changing so not exactly sure what will be driving the T3s yet.

I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X4300H. It works great overall, but I find the sound to be lacking in a few areas.
I preferred the overall sound of a comparable Onkyo (TX-RZ810) but it had some issues and didn't play nice with my Panasonic TV (kept displaying the HDMI1 input on the screen), so I returned it.
Both have App control, but they only worked when I wired via ethernet.. no luck over wifi (not really an issue).
I know the Onkyo has a bit of an artificial mid-bass boost, but I prefer that to something that sounds thin/doesn't have enough weight in the lower octaves. The Denon just sounds a bit thin and less cohesive overall.
The main speakers I have compared both units with are Polk Monitor 10B (old, but a very good speaker for their price).
Also tested them with some NHT Super Ones, the PSB Cs1000s and a pair of Definitive Technology AW6500 (another outdoor speaker).

I am also getting a Monoprice Monolith 5 Amp (a Made in the USA rebadged ATI amp like Outlaw audio).
I will try it with the Denon as the pre, though I am pretty sure the preamp part of the Denon is what is really shaping the tone, so I will most likely be looking for a different Home Theater preamp and use the Denon to drive my Outdoor and or Kitchen / dining room speakers (it has 3 zones, airplay and App control so will work well).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom